Proposed Federal Acquisition Regulation: Disclosure of Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Climate-Related Financial Risk
Listen as our distinguished panel discusses and provides an analysis of the proposed FAR rule amid the current administration's robust commitment to pursue climate-related initiatives via the federal government's procurement process. The panel will also offer best practices and practical next steps for establishing systems to track and prepare for future GHG disclosures since regulatory pressure is unlikely to go away.
- Background, definitions, and key components of the FAR proposed requirements
- Significant and major contractors
- Exceptions, exemptions, and waivers under the proposed rule
- Best practices and compliance recommendations
The panel will brief counsel on the requirements related to the FAR proposed rule and will discuss these and other important issues:
- What are the key elements and legal risks of the FAR proposed requirements?
- What are the pertinent exceptions, exemptions, and waivers under the proposed rule that federal contractors need to be aware of?
- What are some practical recommendations that counsel can offer clients in terms of current and future disclosure and reporting obligations?
- Shaunna Bailey, Special Counsel, Sheppard Mullin
- Nic Nunn-Faron, Senior Manager, Industry Specialty Services Group, BDO USA
Click here for more information and to register.