Shaunna Bailey is an attorney in the Government Contracts, Investigations and International Trade Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Shaunna has broad experience representing and providing strategic advice to clients ranging from small businesses to large government contractors on a wide variety of issues related to contracting with the federal government.
Shaunna’s practice focuses on bid protests before the U.S. Court of Federal Claims and the U.S. Government Accountability Office, contract-related litigation before federal courts, government contract compliance reviews and counseling, and internal investigations.
Bid Protests & Litigation
Shaunna regularly represents government contractors in various industries in connection with bid protests and litigation, including:
- successfully defending and prosecuting numerous pre- and post-award bid protests before the S. Government Accountability Office and the Court of Federal Claims;
- successfully challenging at the Court of Federal Claims a decision by the Department of Education to cancel a solicitation for critical services;
- successfully challenging the Social Security Administration’s decision to limit competition in procurement for critical equipment and services;
- obtaining a summary judgment victory in a multi-million dollar breach-of-subcontract dispute.
Government Contracts Counseling & Compliance
Shaunna routinely counsels clients on compliance with federal acquisition regulations and ethics rules, including:
- advising clients on questions related to compliance with specific FAR and DFARS provisions, the Trade Agreements Act, the Procurement Integrity Act and the FAR Mandatory Disclosure Rule;
- leading government contracts compliance reviews of newly acquired subsidiaries and recommending process improvements and changes to policies and procedures;
- designing company-specific compliance programs and manuals on contract requirements, ethics and reporting;
- providing in-person federal contract compliance training to corporate leadership and key personnel;
- advising companies on mitigating risks associated with GSA Schedule contracting;
- advising clients on subcontracts, teaming agreements and non-disclosure agreements; and
- conducting government contract-related due diligence in support of corporate acquisitions.
Government Contracts Investigations
Shaunna represents clients in connection with investigations regarding alleged wrongdoing in government contracting, including:
- conducting internal investigations of large government contractors in matters involving potential civil and criminal False Claims Act liability, and counseling clients on resolution of investigations;
- overseeing forensic accounting review of pricing anomalies associated with the administration of GSA Schedule contracts;
- preparing mandatory and voluntary disclosures to Offices of Inspector General and the Department of Justice; and
- responding to suspension and debarment inquiries.
Government Contracts Law Blog
- "Presidential Executive Orders Delegate Additional Authorities To Respond To COVID-19 Outbreak," April 1, 2020
Member, State Bar of New York
Member, Bar of the District of Columbia
Member, U.S. Court of Federal Claims
J.D., American University, Washington College of Law, 2008, cum laude
B.A., Wake Forest University, 2004
- Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Marian Blank Horn of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims