Shaunna Bailey is an attorney in the Government Contracts, Investigations and International Trade Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Shaunna has more than six years of experience representing and providing strategic advice to clients ranging from small businesses to top-10 government contractors on a wide range of issues related to contracting with the federal government. Her practice focuses on counseling, compliance, investigations and litigation.
Government Contracts Counseling & Compliance
Shaunna counsels and advises clients on various matters related to complying with federal procurement statutes and regulations, including:
- leading several government contracts compliance reviews of newly acquired subsidiaries of large government contractor and recommending process improvements and changes to policies and procedures;
- designing company-specific compliance programs and manuals on contract requirements, ethics and reporting;
- providing in-person federal contract compliance training to corporate leadership and key personnel;
- advising companies on mitigating risks associated with GSA Schedule contracting, including compliance with the Price Reductions Clause;
- advising clients on questions related to compliance with specific FAR and DFARS provisions, the Trade Agreements Act, the Procurement Integrity Act and the FAR Mandatory Disclosure Rule; and
- drafting and negotiating subcontracts, teaming agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
Government Contracts Investigations
Shaunna represents clients in connection with investigations regarding alleged wrongdoing in government contracting, including:
- conducting internal investigations of large government contractors in matters involving potential civil False Claims Act liability, and counseling clients on resolution of investigations;
- coordinating forensic accounting review of pricing anomalies associated with the administration of GSA Schedule contracts; and
- preparing disclosures to General Services Administration Office of Inspector General and Department of Justice.
Government Contracts Bid Protests & Litigation
Shaunna regularly represents government contractors in various industries in connection with bid protests and litigation, including:
- successfully defending and prosecuting numerous pre- and post-award bid protests before the U.S. Government Accountability Office and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims;
- obtaining a summary judgment victory in a multi-million dollar breach-of-contract dispute brought by an unsuccessful subcontractor; and
- representing an aerospace company in a complex CERCLA dispute that went to trial in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.
Government Contracts Law Blog
- "Presidential Executive Orders Delegate Additional Authorities To Respond To COVID-19 Outbreak," April 1, 2020
Member, State Bar of New York
Member, Bar of the District of Columbia
Member, U.S. Court of Federal Claims
J.D., American University, Washington College of Law, 2008, cum laude
B.A., Wake Forest University, 2004
- Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Marian Blank Horn of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims