Between a Rock and a Hard Place: Navigating Between ESG and Anti-ESG Regulatory Actions
Firms looking to promote sustainable finance may face headwinds from to two opposite directions. On one hand, although numerous federal government agencies (in the United States, European Union, and elsewhere) are encouraging firms to consider environmental, social, and governance (“ESG”) factors, these regulators are also bringing enforcement actions for alleged greenwashing – which can deter firms looking to get into the ESG space. At the same time, several states in the U.S. are pursuing regulations and threatening actions to discourage what they claim is “woke” investing.
Our distinguished panel of legal experts from the U.S. and Europe will discuss these developments and explore ways for finance firms to pursue ESG, while mitigating their regulatory risk. Please join us virtually on March 29th at 11:00am ET for this timely, practical, and action-oriented discussion.
- Raymond Marshall: Of Counsel, Shepard Mullin (San Francisco)
- Lance Dial: Partner, Morgan Lewis (Boston)
- Jindrich Kloub: Partner, Wilson Sonsini (Brussels)
- Howard Fischer: Partner, Moses Singer (New York)
- Adam Wasserman: Executive Director, Finpublica & Managing Member, August Way Law & Consulting (New York)
Click here for more information and to register.