Handling the US State Privacy Law Deluge
Tuesday, August, 1, 2023
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. ET
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. CT
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. PT
Complimentary Program via Webinar
*Webinar details will be sent upon registration.*
More and more states in the US have passed general privacy laws, each with varying applicability thresholds, effective dates, and obligations. This morass is making it increasingly difficult for companies to handle. What can privacy professionals do to get prepared? During this session, our panel will walk through methods for:
- Providing appropriate levels and types of choice
- Handling rights requests
- Contracting with third party processors and vendors
- Crafting privacy notices that address the states’ differing requirements
- Tracking the effective dates, scope and thresholds for the different laws
- And more
Join us for this timely discussion and leave with more tools for your privacy compliance toolkit.
- Wynter Deagle, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Rachel Tarko Hudson, Partner and Retail, Fashion and Beauty Team Leader, Sheppard Mullin
- Liisa Thomas, Partner and Privacy and Cybersecurity Team Co-Leader, Sheppard Mullin
This activity has been approved for Minimum 1 Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP certifies that this activity conforms to the standards for approved education activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing minimum continuing legal education.
This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1 credit hour which may be applied toward the Cybersecurity, Privacy & Data Protection-General, and is suitable for both transitional and non-transitional attorneys.
Credit in Illinois is pending
*You must attend the full webinar to receive credit.
Questions? Please contact Maricela Slota via email.