What's Behind the Surge in VPPA Class Actions?
Class actions filed under the Video Privacy Protection Act (VPPA) have risen as part of increased scrutiny on tracking technologies in general. What started as a law to protect video rental history is now largely being aimed at companies who share identifiable video viewing information via the Meta tracking pixel without user consent.
Sheppard Mullin joins Sourcepoint for this webinar to help us break down:
- The history of VPPA
- How it’s been applied to bring class actions against web tracking
- Trends in litigation and recent settlements
- How companies can mitigate the risks that come with using tracking technologies
- Strategies for complying with VPPA
- Wynter Deagle, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Snehal Desai, Associate, Sheppard Mullin
Click here to register.