Snehal Desai is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office. She is a member of the Privacy and Cybersecurity Team, the Advertising Team and the Technology Transactions Team.
Areas of Practice
Advertising: Snehal advises clients in conducting advertising campaigns, contests and sweepstakes, and brand marketing campaigns.
Technology and Commercial Transactions: Snehal drafts and negotiates agreements for software, SaaS, technology services, logistics, marketing, outsourcing, intellectual property licensing, sourcing and distribution agreements, and other commercial and transactional matters.
Privacy and Data Protection: Snehal counsels clients on compliance with domestic and international privacy laws and regulations. She helps clients with drafting privacy policies and online terms of service for websites and mobile applications. She also counsels clients regarding cybersecurity breach response and best practices for mitigation.
Snehal also has an active pro bono practice and dedicates time to serving her local community.
Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers, 2023
Consumer Finance and Fintech Blog Posts
- "Fed Reports on Cybersecurity and Financial System Resilience," August 5, 2022
- "May 1st is Around the Corner: Bank Computer-Security Incident Notification Requirements," April 1, 2022
- "Lead Generator Settles with FTC Over Alleged FCRA and FTC Act Violations," January 13, 2022
Privacy Law Blog Posts
- "CARU Strikes Again: Another Mixed-audience App Settles Over COPPA Allegations," September 27, 2022
- "FTC Continues Focus on Children’s Privacy," May 27, 2022
- "On the Clock: Cyber Incidents Notification Deadline Approaching for Banks," April 19, 2022
- "NYDFS Issues Cybersecurity Guidance in Response to Events in Ukraine," March 9, 2022
- "FTC Fines Lead Generation Company $1.5M Citing Misuse of Consumer Financial Data," January 24, 2022
- "OpenX Ad Exchange Settles With FTC Over Alleged COPPA and Other Violations," January 14, 2022
- "A COPPA First: Safe Harbor Program Removed From Approved List," August 23, 2021
- "New Decision Narrows Scope of Georgia Computer Trespass Statute," July 9, 2021
- "Ding Dong the CCPA Private Right of Action is (Mostly) Dead!," May 17, 2019
- "2019 is the Year of . . . CCPA?" January 8, 2019
- "NY Issues Data Breach Report," April 12, 2018
- "2018: The Year of the FTC and Informational Injuries?" January 17, 2018
Covering Your Ads Blog Posts
- "CARU Revises its Guidelines to Address Increase in Online Media," August 26, 2021
- "Mobile Advertising Company Gets Flack from FTC for Failure to Deliver Upon Advertised Promises," January 14, 2021
- "FTC Workshop Provides Insight on Best Practices to Mitigate Informational Injuries," December 28, 2017
Retail Law: Retail Trend Spotter
- "The Latest Win for Apple: Dismissal of Class Action about iPhones," March 7, 2022
- Webinar, 05.04.2022
J.D., University of California, Hastings, 2015
B.A., University of California, San Diego, 2011