Snehal Desai is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office. She is a member of the Privacy and Cybersecurity Team, the Advertising Team and the Technology Transactions Team.
Areas of Practice
Advertising: Snehal advises clients in conducting advertising campaigns, contests and sweepstakes, and brand marketing campaigns.
Technology and Commercial Transactions: Snehal drafts and negotiates agreements for software, SaaS, technology services, logistics, marketing, outsourcing, intellectual property licensing, sourcing and distribution agreements, and other commercial and transactional matters.
Privacy and Data Protection: Snehal counsels clients on compliance with domestic and international privacy laws and regulations. She helps clients with drafting privacy policies and online terms of service for websites and mobile applications. She also counsels clients regarding cybersecurity breach response and best practices for mitigation.
Snehal also has an active pro bono practice and dedicates time to serving her local community.
Privacy Law Blog Posts
- "New Decision Narrows Scope of Georgia Computer Trespass Statute," July 9, 2021
- "Ding Dong the CCPA Private Right of Action is (Mostly) Dead!," May 17, 2019
- "2019 is the Year of . . . CCPA?" January 8, 2019
- "NY Issues Data Breach Report," April 12, 2018
- "2018: The Year of the FTC and Informational Injuries?" January 17, 2018
Covering Your Ads Blog Posts
J.D., University of California, Hastings, 2015
B.A., University of California, San Diego, 2011