California Hospital Association: Labor and Employment Law Seminar
CHA’s annual labor and employment law seminar will bring hospital human resource professionals the most current information on court decisions, legislation and regulations impacting HR operations.
In addition to the annual updates on wage and hour issues, class actions and wrongful discharge, this year’s program also features three timely sessions:
- Disaster Planning for Human Resources
- Taking a Fresh Look at Old Policies - Best Practices for Wage and Hour
- Special Luncheon Address from Division of Labor Standards Enforcement
Other program highlights include:
- A review of new laws for 2008
- New developments in meal and rest period—labor code clarifications
- Sexual harassment training—regulations issued on employers’ obligations
- Important class action, employment discrimination and leave of absence decisions
- And more!
Richard J. Simmons is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP. Mr. Simmons’ expertise includes wage and hour law, wrongful discharge, labor relations, employee discipline, arbitration issues and employment discrimination.
Jeffrey A. Berman is the partner in the Labor and Employment Practice group at Sidley Austin LLP in Los Angeles .
Jeffrey M. Tanenbaum is a partner in the law firm of Nixon Peabody LLP in San Francisco and chairs the firm’s labor and employment practice group and the firm’s national Occupational Safety & Health (OSHA) team.
Mary Massey, RN is Regional Hospital Surge Planning Coordinator for Orange County and the Inland Empire for the Hospital Association of southern California.
Gail Blanchard-Saiger is vice-president of Labor & Employment for the California Hospital Association.
December 5, Sacramento and December 12, Garden Grove
Need More Information?
Call the CHA Education Department at (916) 552-7637 or click here to visit the web page.