2011 Emerging Export Control and International Trade Law Issues: CLE Program and Cabernets of the World
Please join us for a timely discussion of current topics in export controls and international business issues facing technology companies in Silicon Valley. Topics will include the following:
- Export control reform and recent export control developments (including the new I-129 export control certifications for H-1 foreign engineers, export control changes underway concerning ITAR components, encryption, and trade with India).
- Recent trends in trade remedy cases involving China.
- Update on the pending FTA with South Korea.
- Anti-bribery and anti-money laundering.
- Current DOJ enforcement trends.
- The new English Bribery Act.
Curt Dombek, partner in the firm’s Los Angeles and Shanghai offices, member of the President’s Export Council (the only California lawyer on the Subcommittee for Export Administration), and an expert in technology export controls, Customs compliance, and structuring of cross-border trade.
Scott Maberry, partner in the firm’s DC office, and an expert in the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), export and anti-terrorism controls, and economic sanctions.
After the program, a variety of wines from Bordeaux, South Africa, Chile, Australia and Italy will be poured by Mike Janeway, wine purveyor of the historic Beltramo’s Menlo Park. This is your chance to be introduced to some fabulous wines paired with light hor d'oeuvres.
Thursday, April 21, 2011
5:00 p.m. – Registration
5:30 - 7:00 p.m. – CLE Program
7:00 - 8:00 p.m. – Wine Tasting
390 Lytton Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94301
Contact Kyle Stuart at email@example.com or 415.774.3171.
By Invitation only. Space is limited. Please RSVP by April 19.