Labor & Employment Law Update & Happy Hour - Los Angeles
3:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Cocktails & Hors d'oeuvres
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
333 South Hope Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Ronda Jamgotchian, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
Lisa Harris, Associate, Sheppard Mullin
Please join us for Sheppard Mullin's bi-annual Labor & Employment Law Update & Happy Hour. There have been significant developments in California labor and employment law this year. We will explain how these new developments will affect employers’ day-to-day decisions and operations in California, as well as provide practical advice on how employers can reduce their risk of legal exposure to workplace claims. We will cover the following topics at this seminar:
- Emergency legislation modifying California's new sick leave law
- New religious accommodation requirements obligations under Title VII
- Amendments to the California Family Rights Act
- New joint employer liability in California
- Impact of the Supreme Court's decision upholding same-sex marriage
- Challenges to unpaid internships
- New rules for defining independent contractors
- Uniform reimbursement issues
- The First Amendment and wrongful termination claims
- The DOL’s proposed increase to the minimum salary requirements for exempt employees
- Risks of using forum selection clauses in employment agreements
- Court trends in enforcement of employee nonsolicit agreements
- And much, much more...
This will be a lively, engaging and informative discussion that California employers should not miss. Our attorneys will be available after the presentation to answer all of your employment-related questions.
If you have colleagues who share your interest in this topic, please invite them to attend with you. There is no cost to attend, and there is much to be gained.
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 2 hours of MCLE credit.
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
This program is pending approval for 2 (California) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is an HRCI Approved Provider (valid through December 31, 2015).
Questions? Contact Casey Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org or 213.830.2012.