Edward ("Ned") Welch is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Ned represents clients in corporate finance and capital markets transactions, including the representation of public and private companies, underwriters, private equity sponsors and selling stockholders in domestic and international public offerings and private placements such as initial public offerings, follow-on and secondary equity offerings, investment grade and convertible debt offerings, acquisition financings, SPAC transactions and related capital market and private equity matters.
In addition, Ned advises clients on a broad range of securities law, corporate governance and public reporting matters.
- Represented OPAL Fuels Inc., a leading producer and distributor of low-carbon intensity renewable natural gas, in its successful go-public transaction via de-SPAC and in its public reporting company matters to date.
- Confidential: Representing a large de-carbonization technology Company in its contemplated initial public offering later in 2023, as well as its late-stage private capital raise.
- Represented Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC, Barclays Capital Inc., Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC, UBS Securities LLC and others as underwriters of the $710 million initial public offering of PowerSchool Holdings, Inc.
- Represented Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, BofA Securities Inc., William Blair & Company, L.L.C. and others as underwriters of the $30 million initial public offering of Karooooo Ltd.
- Represented affiliates of Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC as selling stockholders in the $405 million initial public offering of Portillo’s Inc.
- Represented Evoqua Water Technologies Corp. as well as the sponsor selling stockholders in Evoqua’s $330 million initial public offering.
- Represented Raymond James & Associates, Inc., Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated and SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Inc. as underwriters of the $55 million initial public offering of OneWater Marine Inc.
- Represented Sterling Check Corp. in its $330 million initial public offering.
- Represented affiliates of Kimco Realty Corp. as selling stockholders in the $800 million initial public offering of Albertson’s Companies, Inc.
- Represented Tradeweb Markets Inc. in its $560 million initial public offering.
- Represented Broadstone Net Lease, Inc. in its $230,000,000 follow-on equity offering.
- Represented BofA Securities, Inc., BTIG, LLC, Clarksons Platou Securities, Inc., and others, as underwriters of an offering of an aggregate of $390,000,000 of the common stock of Scorpio Tankers Inc., in two offerings in 2018 and 2019.Represented UBS Securities LLC, as underwriter of the $33,000,000 follow-on equity offering of Golub Capital BDC, Inc.
- Represented Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., Barclays Capital Inc., and others, as underwriters of the $115,000,000 million follow-on equity offering of Ladder Capital Corp.
- Represented RBC Capital Markets, LLC, and others, as underwriters of the $30,000,000 follow-on equity offering of Avid Bioservices, Inc.
- Represented affiliates of Stella Point Capital LLC, as selling stockholders in the $67,000,000 follow-on equity offering of International Money Express, Inc.
- Represented BofA Securities, Inc., BTIG, LLC, and others, as underwriters of the $76,000,000 follow-on equity offering of Scorpio Bulkers Inc.
- Represented Truist Securities, Inc., Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated, Raymond James & Associates, Inc., and others, as underwriters of OneWater Marine’s 2020 $52,000,000 follow-on equity offering.
- Represented Evoqua and the sponsor selling stockholders in Evoqua’s $373,000,000 follow-on equity offering in 2018 and its $245,000,000 follow-on equity offering in 2020.
Corporate & Securities Law Blog Posts
- "SEC Adopts Amendments Regarding Insider Trading Plans and Related Disclosures," January 10, 2023
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2005
B.A., Connecticut College, 1998
- New York