Our capital markets lawyers practice from all eight major legal markets in California, as well as New York, Washington, D.C., Europe and Asia.
To be effective participants in the capital markets, our attorneys are deeply embedded in the communities where they practice and the industries where they focus, with the bench strength, regulatory depth and geographic scope of a global platform.
Our lawyers participate in every stage of capital formation, from seed financing, to growth equity capital, to hybrid and mezzanine financings, to the public markets, and from the public markets to leveraged finance and private equity.
With the benefit of deep regulatory expertise, industry knowledge, intimate familiarity with our clients and their constituencies, we help our clients rapidly execute opportunities when the market windows are open, assess and mitigate risks and maximize returns.
We offer practical, commercial and creative solutions for large-cap, mid-cap and small cap companies navigating the public markets.
Our lawyers have been recognized by leading industry guides for their expertise in both equity and debt capital markets transactions.
- Initial Public Offerings
- Registered Public Offerings, Universal Shelves, Takedowns
- Rule 144A Offerings
- PIPEs and Other Private Placements
- Regulation S Offerings and Other Foreign Securities Transactions
- Debt Exchanges
- High-Yield Debt Offerings
- Investment-Grade Debt Offerings
- Spin-Offs and Other Carve-Out Transactions
To view our Capital Markets blog articles, please click here.
- BofA Merrill Lynch
- CAI International
- CBRE Group, Inc.
- CHC Helicopter S.A.
- Credit Suisse
- Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc. (formerly Liz Claiborne Inc.)
- LegalZoom.com, Inc.
- MUFG Union Bank
- Open Table, Inc.
- RadNet, Inc.
- Raymond James
- RealD Inc.
- US Bank
Representative Equity Capital Transactions
- Representing LegalZoom.com, Inc. in its proposed $120 million initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Represented RealD Inc. (NYSE: RLD) in its $230 million initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange, and a subsequent follow-on secondary offering of an additional $250 million (2010).
- Represented OpenTable, Inc. (Nasdaq: OPEN) in its $200 million all secondary offering (2009).
- Represented Bridgepoint Education, Inc. (NYSE: BPI) in its $142 million Initial Public Offering (2009).
- Represented Clean Energy Fuels Corp. (Nasdaq: CLNE) in its $120 million Initial Public Offering.
- Represented JAMDAT Mobile Inc. (Nasdaq: JMDT) in its $102 million Initial Public Offering and subsequent $680 million merger with Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: ERTS)
- Represented Fastclick, Inc. (Nasdaq: FSTC) in its $70 million Initial Public Offering. (Acquired by ValueClick)
Representative Debt Capital Transactions
- Represented CHC Helicopter S.A. in an SEC-registered exchange offer for $1.1 billion aggregate principal amount of registered senior secured notes due 2020 for outstanding notes issued in private placement (2011-2012).
- Represented Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc. (formerly Liz Claiborne Inc.), in its private placement of $150 million aggregate principal amount of senior secured notes (2012).
- Represented MMI Technologies in its $300 million private placement of senior secured notes (2012).
- Represented Liz Claiborne Inc. in a $205 million private placement of senior secured notes (2011).
- Represented Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) in its $850 million Public Debt Offering and its concurrent $1.9 billion tender offer of outstanding debt (2010).
- Represented RadNet (NASDAQ: RDNT) in its $545 million debt refinancing and high yield note issuance (2010).
- The Deal, 01.10.2023
- Los Angeles Business Journal, 05.16.2022
Podcasts & Webinars
- The Deal, 05.25.2022
- 01.10.2023The Deal
- Sheppard Mullin Advises ArchiMed, Vanguard Electronics, Forefront Telecare And Others In Recent Deals09.12.2022
- Sheppard Mullin Advises Advent MSO, COPE Health Solutions, Allied Universal And Others In Recent Deals05.24.2022
- 05.16.2022Los Angeles Business Journal
- Sheppard Mullin Advises Sony Interactive Entertainment, Signet Healthcare Partners, Ankona Capital, And Others In Recent Deals04.06.2022
- Sheppard Mullin Represents Cameo In $100 Million Financing Round, Now Valued At More Than $1 Billion03.30.2021
- Sheppard Mullin Represents Underwriters In $65 Million Follow-On Public Offering For Smith Micro Software03.16.2021
- Sheppard Mullin Capital Markets Team Advises on 14 Transactions in 2 Weeks, Raising More than $695 Million in Gross Proceeds02.22.2021
- Carol Archer
- Edwin Astudillo
- Joel Bannister
- Andrew J. Bond
- Jeralin Cardoso
- Eugene Choi
- Stephen A. Cohen
- Valérie Demont
- Jeffrey J. Fessler
- Richard A. Friedman
- Shon E. Glusky
- Jordan E. Hamburger
- Shana Hood
- Julia Ji
- Nazia J. Khan
- Shane J. Killeen
- Paul J. Kim
- Phil Kim
- T. Allen McConnell
- Colleen H. McDonald
- James A. Mercer III
- Linda Giunta Michaelson
- Sean Reid
- James F. Ritter
- David H. Sands
- Afruz Sayah
- Jason R. Schendel
- Jeffrey Taylor
- John D. Tishler
- Edward Welch
- Evan C. Williams
- Monica M. Youssef
- Hannah Zelcer