Our capital markets lawyers practice from all eight major legal markets in California, as well as New York, Washington, D.C., Europe and Asia.
To be effective participants in the capital markets, our attorneys are deeply embedded in the communities where they practice and the industries where they focus, with the bench strength, regulatory depth and geographic scope of a global platform.
Our lawyers participate in every stage of capital formation, from seed financing, to growth equity capital, to hybrid and mezzanine financings, to the public markets, and from the public markets to leveraged finance and private equity.
With the benefit of deep regulatory expertise, industry knowledge, intimate familiarity with our clients and their constituencies, we help our clients rapidly execute opportunities when the market windows are open, assess and mitigate risks and maximize returns.
We offer practical, commercial and creative solutions for large-cap, mid-cap and small cap companies navigating the public markets.
Our lawyers have been recognized by leading industry guides for their expertise in both equity and debt capital markets transactions.
- Initial Public Offerings
- Registered Public Offerings, Universal Shelves, Takedowns
- Rule 144A Offerings
- PIPEs and and Other Private Placements
- Regulation S Offerings and Other Foreign Securities Transactions
- Debt Exchanges
- High-Yield Debt Offerings
- Investment-Grade Debt Offerings
- Spin-Offs and Other Carve-Out Transactions
To view our Capital Markets blog articles, please click here.
- BofA Merrill Lynch
- CAI International
- CBRE Group, Inc.
- CHC Helicopter S.A.
- Credit Suisse
- Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc. (formerly Liz Claiborne Inc.)
- LegalZoom.com, Inc.
- Open Table, Inc.
- RadNet, Inc.
- Raymond James
- RealD Inc.
- Union Bank
- US Bank
Representative Equity Capital Transactions
- Representing LegalZoom.com, Inc. in its proposed $120 million initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Represented RealD Inc. (NYSE: RLD) in its $230 million initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange, and a subsequent follow-on secondary offering of an additional $250 million (2010).
- Represented OpenTable, Inc. (Nasdaq: OPEN) in its $200 million all secondary offering (2009).
- Represented Bridgepoint Education, Inc. (NYSE: BPI) in its $142 million Initial Public Offering (2009).
- Represented Clean Energy Fuels Corp. (Nasdaq: CLNE) in its $120 million Initial Public Offering.
- Represented JAMDAT Mobile Inc. (Nasdaq: JMDT) in its $102 million Initial Public Offering and subsequent $680 million merger with Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: ERTS)
- Represented Fastclick, Inc. (Nasdaq: FSTC) in its $70 million Initial Public Offering. (Acquired by ValueClick)
Representative Debt Capital Transactions
- Represented CHC Helicopter S.A. in an SEC-registered exchange offer for $1.1 billion aggregate principal amount of registered senior secured notes due 2020 for outstanding notes issued in private placement (2011-2012).
- Represented Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc. (formerly Liz Claiborne Inc.), in its private placement of $150 million aggregate principal amount of senior secured notes (2012).
- Represented MMI Technologies in its $300 million private placement of senior secured notes (2012).
- Represented Liz Claiborne Inc. in a $205 million private placement of senior secured notes (2011).
- Represented Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) in its $850 million Public Debt Offering and its concurrent $1.9 billion tender offer of outstanding debt (2010).
- Represented RadNet (NASDAQ: RDNT) in its $545 million debt refinancing and high yield note issuance (2010).
- Chambers Asia Pacific, 12.17.2019
- PlacementTracke, 11.08.2019
- Chambers Asia Pacific, 01.24.2019
- Legal 500 US 2018 Recognizes Sheppard Mullin Partners and Practice Groups Among the Best in the CountryLegal 500 US, 05.30.2018
- Chambers Asia Pacific, 02.21.2018
- Sheppard Mullin Advises NYSE-Listed Tongjitang Chinese Medicines In Going Private Transaction And Related Financing04.21.2011
- Justin S. Anslow
- Carol Archer
- Joel Bannister
- Jeralin Cardoso
- Andrea Cataneo
- Valérie Demont
- Jeffrey J. Fessler
- Elizabeth A. Frohlich
- Shon E. Glusky
- Jordan E. Hamburger
- Nazia J. Khan
- Paul J. Kim
- Colleen H. McDonald
- James A. Mercer III
- Linda Giunta Michaelson
- Craig S. Mordock
- Tony K. Mou
- Johneth Chongseo Park
- Adnan A. Qazi
- James F. Ritter
- David H. Sands
- Jason R. Schendel
- Adam Shipley
- Jeffrey Taylor
- John D. Tishler
- Robert L. Wernli, Jr.
- Don S. Williams
- Evan C. Williams
- Alexander T. Yarbrough
- Monica M. Youssef