Sean Reid is a special counsel in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Sean has over 15 years of broad experience representing issuers, underwriters and investors in a wide range or corporate transactions, including public and private placements of debt, equity and convertible securities, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and recapitalizations. He regularly represents issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings (IPOs), follow-on public offerings, shelf registrations and private investments in public equity (PIPEs). Sean advises publicly-traded companies on 1934 Act reporting requirements as well as NASDAQ and NYSE compliance and corporate governance matters. Sean has also represented Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs) in their IPOs, PIPEs and business combination transactions. He represents publicly traded and closely-held domestic and foreign corporations across a wide range of industries, including life sciences, biotechnology, medical device, pharmaceutical, logistics, hospitality, blockchain and cannabis. As an attorney and certified public accountant, Sean offers his clients a unique perspective on a variety of issues, including choice of entity considerations, structuring of complex transactions, as well as reorganization and dissolution of public and private companies.
- Represented Maxim Group LLC as underwriter in connection with the $115 million initial public offering of Oxbridge Acquisition Corp. (Nasdaq: OXACU), a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC).
- Represented DatChat, Inc. (Nasdaq: DATS) in its $12 million initial public offering.
- Represented Ladenburg Thalman & Co. Inc. in connection with a $20 million follow-on public offering of Hancock Jaffe Laboratories, Inc. (Nasdaq: HJLI).
- Represented Kiromic BioPharma, Inc. (Nasdaq: KRBP) in its $40 million follow-on public offering.
- Represented Laidlaw & Company (UK) Ltd. as underwriter in connection with a $10 million follow-on public offering of BioSig Technologies (Nasdaq: BSGM).
- Represented Gordon Pointe Acquisition Corp. (Nasdaq: GPAQ), a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), in its $125 million initial public offering.
- Represented Radiant Logistics, Inc. (NYSE American: RLGT) in public offering of $21 million of preferred stock.
- Represented BIO-key International, Inc. (Nasdaq: BKYI) in private placement of $19.5 million of preferred stock.
- Represented interCLICK, Inc. (subsequently acquired by Yahoo) in public offering of $16 million of common stock.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented Harleysville Group Inc. (NASDAQ: HGIC) in its $834 million acquisition by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company.
- Acted as U.S. counsel to Clinigen Healthcare (AIM: CLIN) in its acquisition of Idis Group Holdings for $340 million.
- Represented Lannett Company, Inc. (NYSE: LCI) in its acquisition of Kremers Urban Pharmaceuticals Inc. in a transaction valued at $1.23 billion.
- Represented PPM Advisory Group and OrtleyBio in their acquisition by Red Nucleus, a portfolio company of The Riverside Company.
- Represented Access to Money, Inc. (OTCBB: AEMI) in its $25 million merger with Cardtronics, Inc. (Nasdaq: CATM).
- Represented Radiant Logistics, Inc. (NYSE American: RLGT) in its acquisition of On Time Express, Inc., a Phoenix, Arizona-based privately held company in a transaction valued at $20 million.
* Includes some matters prior to joining SheppardMullin
- The Mandarin Oriental Hotel 80 Columbus Circle (at 60th St) New York, 10023, 10.26.2022
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Member, Committee on Cannabis Law, New York State Bar Association
- Alpine Learning Group, Board of Directors
- Rutherford Education Foundation, Board of Trustees
L.L.M., Banking Corporate and Finance Law, Fordham University School of Law, 2007
J.D., New York Law School, 2006
B.S., Fairfield University, 1999
- New York
- New Jersey