Jeralin Cardoso is the Practice Group Leader of the firm’s Corporate and Securities Practice Group. She is a partner in the Del Mar (San Diego) office of Sheppard Mullin, a full service AmLaw Global 100 law firm with offices throughout California, New York, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Dallas, London, Brussels, Seoul and Shanghai. She is also a member of the firm’s Healthcare, Private Equity, and Emerging Growth/Venture Capital Industry Teams.
Areas of Practice
Jeralin has worked with a broad range of healthcare clients in California and nationally, including physician groups (single-specialty, primary care and multi-specialty groups), hospitals, ancillary service providers and private equity and strategic investors.
Jeralin has a deep understanding of the business and strategic needs of medical groups and healthcare organizations. She has skillfully represented her clients while navigating complex healthcare regulatory requirements and working collaboratively with all parties to structure mutually beneficial transactions.
Jeralin also represents public and private companies in a variety of industries. Her practice encompasses general corporate and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financing, venture capital, business formation and structuring, public securities offerings and general corporate governance.
Healthcare Related Transactions
- Represented a California-based private equity firm in its acquisition of a large orthopedic practice in Florida and a large orthopedic practice in Colorado
- Represented a Connecticut-based private equity firm in connection with its partnership with three gastroenterology practices in Pennsylvania
- Represented a California-based private equity firm in various acquisitions of emergency department physician groups across multiple states, including Louisiana, New York, Pennsylvania and Illinois
- Represented The Polyclinic, the largest independent multi-specialty group in Washington State, in connection with its partnership with OptumCare, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth
- Represented Erba Diagnostics Mannheim in connection with its acquisition of Calbiotech, Inc., Calbiotech Veterinary Inc and Moduline System.
- Represented St. Luke’s Hospital System in Boise, Idaho in its sale of the Saltzer Medical Group, which was acquired by Change Healthcare.
- Represented Molina Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE: MOH) in connection with its $200 million acquisition of Providence Human Services, LLC and Providence Community Services, LLC from Providence Services Corporation (NASDAQ: PRSC).
- Represented private equity fund Westridge Capital in its sale of Marina Del Rey Hospital to Cedars-Sinai Health System.
- Represented Greater Colorado Anesthesia in its affiliation with Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe portfolio company U.S. Anesthesia Partners.
- Represented Pinnacle Anesthesia Consultants in its affiliation with Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe portfolio company U.S. Anesthesia Partners.
- Represented Shea Family Care in the sale of nine skilled nursing and assisted living operations, a home health agency and a private home care business in San Diego county to The Ensign Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:ENSG).
- Represented DaVita Inc. (NYSE: DVA) in its acquisition of HealthCare Partners, a major California healthcare provider and management services organization.
- Represented Bactes Imaging Solutions, Inc. and its affiliated entities, a provider of release of information and audit management services, in its acquisition by Sharecare, Inc.
General M&A Transactions
- Represented TechFlow, Inc. in connection with its sale to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (“ESOP”).
- Represented Hello Giggles, Inc. in its acquisition by a subsidiary of Time, Inc.
- Represented Electronic Control Systems, Inc. and Green Total Solutions, Inc., two closely related San Diego-based contractors, in its acquisition by an affiliate of private equity firm Huron Capital Partners.
- Represented Creative Circle, LLC in its sale to an affiliate of Morgan Stanley Global Private Equity.
- Represented Sagient Research Systems in its sale to Informa Business Information.
- Represented Tree.com (NASDAQ: TREE) in the sale of its Home Loan Center to an affiliate of Discover Bank.
- Represented Rizvi Traverse Management in a going-private transaction of Playboy Enterprises, Inc.
- Represented Anakam, Inc., in its sale to Equifax Inc. (NYSE: EFX).
Private Financing Transactions
- Represented Accelerate-IT Ventures as lead investor in HyTrust Corporation’s $33,000,000 Preferred Stock financing.
- Represented Legend3D, Inc. in connection with various preferred financing rounds.
- Represented Proximal Data, Inc. in connection with a $3,000,000 Series B preferred stock financing.
- Represented Evolution Fresh in the sale of its preferred stock to Fireman Capital Partners.
- Represented PlantSense, Inc. in its Series A and Series A-1 venture financing rounds led by Gabriel Venture Partners.
- Represented Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) in a $1.5 billion public offering of senior notes and concurrent subsidiary tender offers for up to $1.9 billion in outstanding debt securities.
- Represented RadNet, Inc. (Nasdaq: RDNT) in its $545 million debt refinancing and high yield note issuance.
- Represented Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) in an $850 million public offering of senior notes.
- Represented Cardium Therapeutics, Inc. in a registered direct offering of $11.3 million of common stock and warrants.
- Represented Bridgepoint Education, Inc. (NYSE: BPI) in its initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange.
Women of Influence in Law, San Diego Business Journal, 2021
Legal 500 US, Mergers and Acquisitions: Middle Market, 2017, 2019-2021
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- "COVID-19 — Legal Guide for Medical Groups," March 24, 2020
- "Healthcare Executives and Physician Leaders Discuss Latest Trends and Challenges in Delivering High-Quality Patient Care at AMGA’s 2019 Annual Conference," April 2, 2019
- "Proposed CVS Health-Aetna Acquisition Holds Strong in Congressional Hearing," March 6, 2018
- "Recent Merger Reflects Enhanced Need for Revenue Cycle Management Platforms," October 20, 2017
- Orthopedic Care Partners Holdings inks strategic alliance with The Steadman Clinic after legal input from Sheppard MullinDaily Journal, 12.03.2019
- Sheppard Mullin, Paul Hastings assist in Providence Health Care AcquisitionDaily Journal, 09.08.2015
- Sheppard Mullin helps Excel Anesthesia form PartnershipDaily Journal, 04.30.2015
- Sheppard Mullin Advises RadNet In Tender OfferDaily Journal, 03.11.2014
- Sheppard Mullin Attorneys at the Helm of Northrop Debt OfferingDaily Journal, 08.03.2009
- ACG San Diego – Seventh Annual Private Capital Expo: Healthcare Panel, March 23, 2017
- "Sniffing Out Improper Dilution: a closer look at Carsanaro et al. v. Bloodhound Technologies, Inc. and its impact on investors and their board designees," San Diego Tech Coast Angels, September 10, 2013
- "The World of Social Media and Federal Securities Law," Fourth Annual Hot Topics Seminar, October 4, 2011
- "Is your Company IPO Ready or Does it Risk Having its Dirty Laundry Open for Public Inspection," CONNECT Frameworks Workshop, June 16, 2009
Member, State Bar of California
Member, American Bar Association
Member, American Health Lawyers Association
Member, San Diego County Bar Association
Board Member and ACG Cup Competition Liaison, Association for Corporate Growth San Diego
J.D., Pepperdine University, 2007, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Order of Barristers, Editor-in-Chief, Pepperdine Law Review Vol. 34, member of the 1st place oral advocacy team at the 2007 William C. Vis (East) International Commercial Arbitration Moot
B.A., University of California, San Diego, 2004
- U.S. Supreme Court