- J.D., Pepperdine University, 2007, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Order of Barristers, Editor-in-Chief, Pepperdine Law Review Vol. 34, member of the 1st place oral advocacy team at the 2007 William C. Vis (East) International Commercial Arbitration Moot
- B.A., University of California, San Diego, 2004
- U.S. Supreme Court
Jeralin Cardoso is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm’s San Diego (Del Mar) office and is a member of the firm’s Healthcare, Emerging Growth/Venture Capital and Private Equity Industry Teams.
Areas of Practice
Jeralin represents public and private companies in a variety of industries. Her practice encompasses general corporate and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financing, venture capital, business formation and structuring, public securities offerings and general corporate governance.
Jeralin has experience representing a wide variety of healthcare-related clients in California and nationally.
- Legal 500, Mergers and Acquisitions, 2017
General M&A Transactions
- Represented Hello Giggles, Inc. in its acquisition by a subsidiary of Time, Inc.
- Represented Electronic Control Systems, Inc. and Green Total Solutions, Inc., two closely related San Diego-based contractors, in its acquisition by an affiliate of private equity firm Huron Capital Partners.
- Represented Creative Circle, LLC in its sale to an affiliate of Morgan Stanley Global Private Equity.
- Represented Sagient Research Systems in its sale to Informa Business Information.
- Represented Tree.com (NASDAQ: TREE) in the sale of its Home Loan Center to an affiliate of Discover Bank.
- Represented Rizvi Traverse Management in a going-private transaction of Playboy Enterprises, Inc.
- Represented Anakam, Inc., in its sale to Equifax Inc. (NYSE: EFX).
Healthcare Related Transactions
- Represented Molina Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE: MOH) in connection with its $200 million acquisition of Providence Human Services, LLC and Providence Community Services, LLC from Providence Services Corporation (NASDAQ: PRSC)
- Represented private equity fund Westridge Capital in its sale of Marina Del Rey Hospital to Cedars-Sinai Health System
- Represented Greater Colorado Anesthesia in its affiliation with Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe portfolio company U.S. Anesthesia Partners
- Represented Pinnacle Anesthesia Consultants in its affiliation with Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe portfolio company U.S. Anesthesia Partners.
- Represented Shea Family Care in the sale of nine skilled nursing and assisted living operations, a home health agency and a private home care business in San Diego county to The Ensign Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:ENSG)
- Represented DaVita Inc. (NYSE: DVA) in its acquisition of HealthCare Partners, a major California healthcare provider and management services organization.
- Represented Bactes Imaging Solutions, Inc. and its affiliated entities, a provider of release of information and audit management services, in its acquisition by Sharecare, Inc.
- Represented Lakewood IPA, an independent physician association with more than 400 doctors based in Long Beach, Calif. in its sale to affiliates of Tenet California, Inc.
- Represented ABQ Health Partners, a major New Mexico medical group, in its acquisition by HealthCare Partners.
- Represented Greater Newport Physicians Medical Group and Nautilus Healthcare Management Group, LLC in their sale to Memorial HealthCare System.
Private Financing Transactions
- Represented Accelerate-IT Ventures as lead investor in HyTrust Corporation’s $33,000,000 Preferred Stock financing.
- Represented Legend3D, Inc. in connection with various preferred financing rounds.
- Represented Proximal Data, Inc. in connection with a $3,000,000 Series B preferred stock financing.
- Represented Evolution Fresh in the sale of its preferred stock to Fireman Capital Partners.
- Represented PlantSense, Inc. in its Series A and Series A-1 venture financing rounds led by Gabriel Venture Partners.
- Represented Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) in a $1.5 billion public offering of senior notes and concurrent subsidiary tender offers for up to $1.9 billion in outstanding debt securities.
- Represented RadNet, Inc. (Nasdaq: RDNT) in its $545 million debt refinancing and high yield note issuance.
- Represented Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) in an $850 million public offering of senior notes.
- Represented Cardium Therapeutics, Inc. in a registered direct offering of $11.3 million of common stock and warrants.
- Represented Bridgepoint Education, Inc. (NYSE: BPI) in its initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange.
- "Spin-off Transactions at a Glance," ACG San Diego, January 11, 2011
- "SEC Interpretive Release On Climate Change Disclosure," Climate Change & Clean Technology Law Blog, March 30, 2010
- "SEC Signals Proxy Access Rules Not Likely To Be Effective For The 2010 Proxy Season, But It May Adopt Other Proxy And Risk Disclosure Enhancements In Time For 2010," Corporate & Securities Law Blog, October 6, 2009
- "Cross-Border Transactions: Notable Differences in Due Diligence," Enfoque Latino (Hispanic/Latino Newsletter), Fall 2008
- Sheppard Mullin, Paul Hastings assist in Providence Health Care AcquisitionDaily Journal, September 8, 2015
- Sheppard Mullin helps Excel Anesthesia form PartnershipDaily Journal, April 30, 2015
- Sheppard Mullin Advises RadNet In Tender OfferDaily Journal, March 11, 2014
- Sheppard Mullin Attorneys at the Helm of Northrop Debt OfferingDaily Journal, August 3, 2009
- "Sniffing Out Improper Dilution: a closer look at Carsanaro et al. v. Bloodhound Technologies, Inc. and its impact on investors and their board designees," San Diego Tech Coast Angels, September 10, 2013
- "The World of Social Media and Federal Securities Law," 4th Annual Hot Topics Seminar, October 4, 2011
- "Is your Company IPO Ready or Does it Risk Having its Dirty Laundry Open for Public Inspection," CONNECT Frameworks Workshop, June 16, 2009
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Member, Association for Corporate Growth San Diego: since 2010 she has annually coordinated the ACG Cup competition at Rady School of Management, UCSD; School of Business Administration, University of San Diego; and College of Business Administration, San Diego State University