- J.D., New York Law School, 1991, magna cum laude
- B.S., University of Maryland, 1985
- New York
- New Jersey
Jeffrey Fessler is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Fessler is principally engaged in the practice of corporate and securities law. His practice is focused on the representation of public and private companies, principally in the biotechnology industry. Mr. Fessler has extensive experience representing investment banks and companies in public offerings and private placements as well as exchange listings and compliance. In addition, Mr. Fessler has been involved in a wide variety of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, proxy contests, restructurings and private equity and debt financings. In addition to the biotechnology industry, Mr. Fessler also represents companies in a variety of industries, including technology, telecommunications, broadcasting and healthcare.
- Attorney of the Year, SmartCEO, 2014
Recent Representative Transactions
- Represented Synergy Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in a $200 million Convertible Note Rule 144A Offering
- Represented Synergy Pharmaceuticals Inc. in its $17.25 million public offering and uplisting to Nasdaq as well as a subsequent $51 million public offering.
- Represented Trovagene, Inc. in its $9.2 million public offering and uplisting to Nasdaq.
- Represented Northwest Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. in its $12 Million Public Offerings and Uplisting to Nasdaq
- Represented Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. in its $34.6 Million Public Offering and Uplisting to Nasdaq as well as a subsequent $28.8 million Public Offering
- Represented an underwriter in a $10.4 million public offering and Nasdaq uplisting for a cancer drug development company.
Corporate and Securities Law Blog Posts
- Law360, October 20, 2016
- Certified Public Accountant (New Jersey)