- J.D., Emory University, 1990, member and Articles Editor of the Emory University Law Review
- B.A., Ursinus College, 1987, summa cum laude
Linda Michaelson is Practice Group Leader of the firm’s Corporate and Securities Practice Group. Linda spent two years in the firm’s London office, from 2011-2013, and is based in the firm’s Century City office. Linda is also Team Leader of the Entertainment and Digital Media Industry Team.
Areas of Practice
Linda's practice focuses on the representation of companies involved in corporate transactions primarily in the entertainment and digital media, technology, fashion and apparel, renewable energy, and healthcare industries. Linda represents major motion picture studios, television networks, independent production companies, digital media companies, investors and other institutional entertainment, media and convergence clients in strategic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances and other corporate finance transactions around the world.
Linda represents public and private companies in a variety of corporate transactions including formation planning, mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances, public and private equity and debt offerings, corporate governance, executive employment and compensation structures, and relationships among shareholders, among other general corporate matters. Linda's clients range from individuals and privately held companies to publicly-traded corporations.
Member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of Bet Tzedek, a pro bono legal services organization (2011-present)
Member of the Advisory Board of the Center for Transactional Law and Practice at Emory University School of Law (2018- present)
Member of the Diversity Committee of Sheppard Mullin (2007-2018); Member of the Century City Office Diversity Committee (2019-present)
Member of the Compensation Committee of Sheppard Mullin (2006-2013)
- Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2019-2020
- Named in Variety's Dealmakers Impact Report, 2018, 2016
- Top Entertainment Attorney, Variety's Legal Impact Report, 2017, 2019
- Named in Variety’s Power of Women LA Impact Report, 2016
- Media, Technology and Telecoms, Legal 500, 2017-2019
- Mergers, Middle Market, Legal 500, 2016, 2018, 2019
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts, Legal 500, 2014
- Named a "Best Lawyer" for Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures & Television, Best Lawyers of America, 2018
- Southern California Super Lawyer, 2006-2013
- 100 Outstanding Women of Los Angeles, Women's Image Network (an organization that recognizes women who have demonstrated superior achievement in their respective entertainment industry-related fields), 2006
Represented Lakeshore Entertainment in the sale of the film library of Lakeshore Entertainment Group to Vine Alternative Investments.
Represented The Immigrant in an investment by Fremantle Media and Bron Ventures.
Represented the entity formed by Robert Attermann, Neal Altman, Brian Cho, and Adam Bold in its acquisition of Abrams Artists Agency.
Represented Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. (NYSE:LGF) in its joint venture with Point Grey Pictures.
Represented Levity Entertainment Group in its acquisition of interests in the comedy club brand, The Improv.
Represented TBS in a joint venture with Conan O'Brien, Jeff Ross and Team Coco, with respect to television, digital and other media.
Represented Redone, LLC in the sale of a minority interest to Style Capital S.g.R.
Represented Cavalry Media in its formation and financing.
Represented Starlings Capital in its formation and financing.
Served as U.S. counsel to Kew Media Group in its acquisition of Content Media Corporation, and Essential Quail Media Group.
Represented Tang Media Partners in its acquisition of a majority interest in IM Global, LLC.
Represented The Gymboree Corporation in the sale of its Play & Music business to Zeavion Holding PTE Ltd.
Represented Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. (NYSE:LGF) in its acquisition of Good Universe Media.
Represented Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. (NYSE:LGF) in its acquisition of an entity stake in Pilgrim Media Group, LLC.
Represented VPD, IV, Inc. in its sale to Ingram Entertainment.
Represented Edelman in its joint venture with United Talent Agency to form United Entertainment Group.
Represented Relativity Media in its joint venture with EuropaCorp Films.
Represented Relativity Media in its joint venture with B4U.
Represented Asylum Entertainment in its acquisition by Legendary Entertainment.
Represented Elder Statesman in its sale of equity to an affiliate of Chrome Hearts.
Represented Banijay Entertainment SAS in its acquisition of a majority stake in Stephen David Entertainment LLC.
Represented dick clark productions inc. in its joint venture with The Miss America Organization.
Served as US counsel to Bwin.Party Digital Entertainment plc in the sale of WPT Enterprises, Inc. (World Poker Tour) to Our Game International Holdings Limited.
Represented MicroFocus International plc in its acquisition of certain assets from Progress Software.
Represented Booster Media in its acquisition of the Hallpass Media web game network firm SGN Games, Inc.
Represented a joint venture of media and technology companies formed to develop and deliver video on demand and interactive services.
Represented Splash News & Picture Agency in the sale of its assets to Corbis Images.
Represented Outcast Media International in a combination with Adtekmedia, Inc. and Captive Media Network, LLC to form Outcast Media Holdings, Inc., including an investment by Parthenon Capital.
Represented IAC in connection with its transaction with Ben Silverman to form Electus.
Served as US counsel to Brighter Option (UK) in its sale to Buddy Media (US).
Served as Entertainment counsel to Comcast in connection with its multi-billion dollar acquisition of NBC Universal.
Represented RadNet, Inc. (Nasdaq: RDNT) in its $200 million 10 3/8% 144A senior notes offering.
Represented RadNet, Inc. (Nasdaq: RDNT) in its tender to purchase for cash its $200 million aggregate principal amount of 10 3/8% senior notes and related consent solicitation.
Represented Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. in its acquisition of Embassy Row, LLC.
Represented Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.(NYSE:LGF) in its acquisition of Artisan Entertainment.
Represented Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.(NYSE:LGF) in its acquisition of the Modern Entertainment library of film rights.
Represented MoonScoop S.A.S. in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Mike Young Productions, LLC (now Splash Entertainment, LLC).
Represented Kabillion, LLC in connection with an investment by EM.TV.
- Variety, December 4, 2018
- Deadline, September 25, 2018
- Variety, October 11, 2016
- Don't Miss It: Hot Deals & Firms We're Following This WeekLaw360, July 1, 2016
- Lionsgate Invests $200M in Craig Piligian's Pilgrim StudiosThe Hollywood Reporter, November 12, 2015
- Sheppard Mullin Advises RadNet In Tender OfferDaily Journal, March 11, 2014
- January 27, 2003
- Moderated panel on Digital Media Investing, Presented at Digital Entertainment World (February 2011)
- VC Funding - The Inside Scoop on the Valley, presented at Bootlaw in London (October 2012)
- New York Fashion Week - "Fashionable Mergers: What you need to know about Mergers and Acquisitions" (February 2011)
- Moderated panel on digital distribution at Winston Baker Film Finance Forum on March 3, 2010 in Los Angeles, CA (March 2010)