- J.D., Emory University, 1990, member and Articles Editor of the Emory University Law Review
- B.A., Ursinus College, 1987, summa cum laude
Linda Michaelson is Practice Group Leader of the firm’s Corporate and Securities Practice Group. Ms. Michaelson spent two years in the firm’s London office, from 2011-2013, and is based in the firm’s Century City office. Ms. Michaelson is also Team Leader of the Entertainment and Digital Media Industry Team.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Michaelson's practice focuses on the representation of companies involved in corporate transactions primarily in the entertainment and digital media, technology, fashion and apparel, renewable energy, and healthcare industries. Ms. Michaelson represents major motion picture studios, television networks, independent production companies, digital media companies, investors and other institutional entertainment, media and convergence clients in strategic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances and other corporate finance transactions around the world.
Ms. Michaelson represents public and private companies in a variety of corporate transactions including formation planning, mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances, public and private equity and debt offerings, corporate governance, executive employment and compensation structures, and relationships among shareholders, among other general corporate matters. Ms. Michaelson's clients range from individuals and privately held companies to publicly-traded corporations.
- Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2019
- Named in Variety's Dealmakers Impact Report, 2018
- Top Entertainment Attorney, Variety's Legal Impact Report, 2017
- Named in Variety's Dealmakers Impact Report, 2016
- Named in Variety’s Power of Women LA Impact Report, 2016
- Media, Technology and Telecoms, Legal 500, 2017, 2018
- Mergers, Middle Market, Legal 500, 2016, 2018
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts, Legal 500, 2014
- Named a "Best Lawyer" for Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures & Television, Best Lawyers of America, 2018
- Southern California Super Lawyer, 2006-2013
- 100 Outstanding Women of Los Angeles, Women's Image Network (an organization that recognizes women who have demonstrated superior achievement in their respective entertainment industry-related fields), 2006
Levity Entertainment Group in its acquisition of interests in the comedy club brand, The Improv.
TBS in a joint venture with Conan O'Brien, Jeff Ross and Team Coco, with respect to television, digital and other media.
Redone, LLC sale of minority interest to Style Capital S.g.R.
Formation and financing of Cavalry Media.
Formation and financing of Starlings Capital.
U.S. counsel to Kew Media Group in its acquisition of Content Media Corporation, and Essential Quail Media Group.
Tang Media Partners in its acquisition of a majority interest in IM Global, LLC.
The Gymboree Corporation in the sale of its Play & Music business to Zeavion Holding PTE Ltd.
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. (NYSE:LGF) in its acquisition of Good Universe Media.
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. (NYSE:LGF) in its acquisition of an entity stake in Pilgrim Media Group, LLC.
VPD, IV, Inc. in its sale to Ingram Entertainment.
Edelman in its joint venture with United Talent Agency to form United Entertainment Group.
Relativity Media in its joint venture with EuropaCorp Films.
Relativity Media in its joint venture with B4U.
Asylum Entertainment in its acquisition by Legendary Entertainment.
Elder Statesman in its sale of equity to an affiliate of Chrome Hearts.
Banijay Entertainment SAS in its acquisition of a majority stake in Stephen David Entertainment LLC.
dick clark productions inc. in its joint venture with The Miss America Organization.
US counsel to Bwin.Party Digital Entertainment plc in the sale of WPT Enterprises, Inc. (World Poker Tour) to Our Game International Holdings Limited.
MicroFocus International plc in its acquisition of certain assets from Progress Software.
Booster Media in its acquisition of the Hallpass Media web game network firm SGN Games, Inc.
Joint venture of media and technology companies formed to develop and deliver video on demand and interactive services.
Splash News & Picture Agency in the sale of its assets to Corbis Images.
Outcast Media International in a combination with Adtekmedia, Inc. and Captive Media Network, LLC to form Outcast Media Holdings, Inc., including an investment by Parthenon Capital.
IAC in connection with its transaction with Ben Silverman to form Electus.
US counsel to Brighter Option (UK) in its sale to Buddy Media (US).
Entertainment representation of Comcast in connection with its multi-billion dollar acquisition of NBC Universal.
RadNet, Inc. (Nasdaq: RDNT) in its $200 million 10 3/8% 144A senior notes offering.
RadNet, Inc. (Nasdaq: RDNT) in its tender to purchase for cash its $200 million aggregate principal amount of 10 3/8% senior notes and related consent solicitation.
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. in its acquisition of Embassy Row, LLC.
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.(NYSE:LGF) in its acquisition of Artisan Entertainment.
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.(NYSE:LGF) in its acquisition of the Modern Entertainment library of film rights.
MoonScoop S.A.S. in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Mike Young Productions, LLC (now Splash Entertainment, LLC).
Kabillion, LLC in connection with an investment by EM.TV.
- Variety, October 11, 2016
- Don't Miss It: Hot Deals & Firms We're Following This WeekLaw360, July 1, 2016
- Lionsgate Invests $200M in Craig Piligian's Pilgrim StudiosThe Hollywood Reporter, November 12, 2015
- Sheppard Mullin Advises RadNet In Tender OfferDaily Journal, March 11, 2014
- January 27, 2003
- Moderated panel on Digital Media Investing, Presented at Digital Entertainment World (February 2011)
- VC Funding - The Inside Scoop on the Valley, presented at Bootlaw in London (October 2012)
- New York Fashion Week - "Fashionable Mergers: What you need to know about Mergers and Acquisitions" (February 2011)
- Moderated panel on digital distribution at Winston Baker Film Finance Forum on March 3, 2010 in Los Angeles, CA (March 2010)