- J.D., University of Tennessee, 2000, cum laude
- B.A., University of South Carolina, 1997, cum laude
- New York
Harry Garner is an associate in the Finance and Bankruptcy Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Harry's practice focuses on representing lenders, corporate borrowers, equity sponsors and administrative agents in commercial finance transactions, defaulted loan workouts and secured creditor remedies enforcement matters, Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases, and commercial real property transactions (including finance, purchase and sale, and joint ventures).
Harry has significant experience in negotiating, documenting, and closing transactions for the origination, modification, workout, assignment and payoff of loans secured by business assets and real property, mezzanine loans secured by equity interests, the purchase and sale, management, and development of industrial, commercial, and residential properties, and joint ventures with investors and sponsors to own, develop, and operate real estate projects.
Harry is also an experienced bankruptcy and restructuring attorney, having been responsible for handling matters involving restructuring of secured and unsecured debt, rollover of pre-petition secured debt, Chapter 11 bankruptcy (both as debtor’s and creditor’s counsel), adversary and plan confirmation litigation, protection of intellectual property rights, claim administration, and receivership.
- Debtor’s counsel for a 199-bed not-for-profit regional hospital in its confirmed Chapter 11 bankruptcy case. Responsibilities included renegotiation of private payer contracts; managing all motion practice and claims objection litigation; successful turnover litigation at the bankruptcy court and appellate level to retain funds from a former executive’s retirement account; negotiation and drafting of plan and disclosure statement; negotiation and documentation of an exit financing package that included a unique combination of taxable and non-taxable bond financing, and a receivables facility.
- Advising a major entertainment company in the negotiation of a reconveyance of an intellectual property license. This major restructuring transaction, which included the renegotiation of dozens of commercial leases, was effected through a pre-packaged Chapter 11 case.
- Representing a large Dubai conglomerate in its pre-petition and post-petition financing, and eventual acquisition through credit bid, of the assets of an electric motor vehicle company.
- Representing a building materials manufacturer as debtor’s counsel in its asbestos-related Chapter 11 case, which included the successful restructuring of pre-petition debt through an avoidance judgment that invalidated a lien securing several thousand asbestos claims.
- Coordinating and managing diverse tasks on the confirmed Chapter 11 case of a large serviced office supplier, including handling real property lease renegotiations with sophisticated landlords, and negotiating and documenting the plan of reorganization and disclosure statement.
- Representing a large stevedoring and shipping company in its Chapter 11 case (including all motion practice, asset sales, and claims administration) and assisting in its conversion to Chapter 7.