Ian Michalak is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Ian specializes in labor and employment matters on behalf of employers, including defending wage and hour class actions and PAGA matters, defending wrongful termination, employment discrimination, sexual harassment claims, and counseling employers regarding California and federal employment law issues. Ian also has experience advising employers regarding unionization efforts.
Ian has litigated and advised clients in all phases of litigation, including through trial. In 2022, Ian was part of a trial team that obtained a complete defense verdict in a workplace harassment case.
- Law360, 06.07.2023
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
- "It Is Time to Check Your Onboarding Documents – Employer’s Confidentiality Agreement Renders Its Arbitration Agreement Unenforceable," May 26, 2023
- "Court Enjoins Law Requiring California Businesses Have Women on Their Board of Directors," May 19, 2022
- "California Department of Public Health Requires Health Care Workers to Receive the Booster Vaccine by February 1, 2022," December 27, 2021
- "EEOC Takes a Second Shot at COVID-19: Employer Vaccine Incentives Approved, Subject to Exceptions, But Questions Remain," June 4, 2021
- Labor and Employment
J.D., University of Notre Dame, 2020, cum laude
B.A., University of Toledo, 2017, magna cum laude
- Extern to the Honorable Daniel Murphy, Los Angeles Superior Court
- U.S. District Court, Central, Northern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit