Jeannie Kim is an associate in the Finance and Bankruptcy Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Jeannie represents corporate debtors-in-possession, official committees of unsecured creditors, chapter 11 trustees, asset purchasers, and individual creditors in all aspects of complex chapter 11 cases, related litigation, state and federal receivership cases, state insolvency proceedings, and out-of-court workouts. She has also represented financial institutions, technology companies, commercial landlords, and vendors as secured creditors, contract counterparties, and administrative creditors in insolvency proceedings. Jeannie has also provided general legal counsel to commercial clients in a range of industries including technology, commercial leasing, entertainment, retail, hospitality, manufacturing and distribution, consumer products, alternative energy, mining, aviation, and real estate development.
- Super Lawyers Northern Calif. “Rising Star” (2018 - 20); Southern Calif. “Rising Star” (2013 - 16)
- “Best Lawyers Under 40,” National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (2018)
- “40 Under 40” Inaugural Class, American Bankruptcy Institute (2017)
- Rising Star Semi-Finalist, International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (2017)
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section, Panelist, Cannabis and Bankruptcy: The Hazy State of the Law (July 2019)
- Turnaround Management Association, Journal of Corporate Renewal Guest Editor (January 2020, July/August 2019)
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors, Annual Bankruptcy & Restructuring Conference, Panelist, Financial Toolbox (June 2019, 2018, 2017, and 2016)
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Annual Winter Leadership Conference, Should We File It Here or There? Venue Options in Cross-Border Cases (December 2018)
- Bay Area Bankruptcy Forum, Judges’ Night, The Problems with Cannabis Cases (September 2018)
- National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges 91st Annual Conference, Contestant, ‘Fish Tank’ Live at the Paris Hotel – Will the Shooter be Able to Sell Its Assets Without Successor Liability? (October 2017)
- International Association of Korean Lawyers, 25th Annual Conference, Panelist, New Kid on the Block [Comparative review of specialized courts to adjudicate insolvency and restructuring proceedings in the U.S, South Korea, and Europe] (September 2017)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, 26th Annual Conference, Moderator, Where’s the Money? Recovering Hidden Assets – International Judgment Enforcement (November 2014)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, 25th Annual Conference, Panelist, Silver Linings Playbook: Playing Smart to Achieve Success (November 2013)
- Webinar, 06.16.2020
- Turnaround Management Association (2017 - Present); Journal of Corporate Renewal Editorial Advisory Board (2019 - Present)
- American Bankruptcy Institute (2010 - Present); Annual Southwest Bankruptcy Conference Advisory Board Member (Fall 2020 and 2019)
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section, Executive Committee Member (2019 - Present)
- California Bankruptcy Forum - Bay Area, Orange County, or Los Angeles Forum Member (2010 - Present); Bay Area Bankruptcy Forum At-Large Director (2019 - Present); Panel Co‑Producer, General Session Education Program (32nd Annual Insolvency Conference); Young Insolvency Professionals Program Co‑Chair (29th Annual Insolvency Conference); Panel Co-Producer, Young Insolvency Professionals Program (28th and 27th Annual Insolvency Conferences)
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (2010 - Present); Northern California Network Events Co-Chair (2016 - 18)
- National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges, 2018 Education Committee (October 2018)
- Orange County Bar Association, Appointments Committee Member (2018)
- Orange County Asian American Bar Association (2011 - Present); 25th President (2018 - 19); President-Elect (2017- 18); Treasurer (2016 - 17); Secretary (2015 - 16); Director (2013 - 15)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Direct/Affiliate Member (2009 - Present); Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditors’/Debtors’ Rights Committee Co-Chair (2014- 18)
- Collaborative Bar Leadership Academy (American Bar Association), Inaugural Class Member (2013); NAPABA Alumni Committee Representative (2014)
- University of California, Irvine – School of Law Domestic Violence Clinic, Attorney Supervisor (2014)
J.D. Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 2009, Dean’s Scholar (2005 - 06)
Postgraduate Diploma, University of St. Andrews, 2006
B.A.,University of California, Los Angeles, 2002, Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society, UCLA President’s Washington Scholarship for Public Policy Research
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Alan Jaroslovsky, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of California.
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Thomas E. Carlson (Recalled Judge), U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of California .
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Deborah J. Saltzman, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California.
- Federal Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Northern, Southern, Eastern and Central District Courts of California