Julia Kadish is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's Chicago office and is a member of the Privacy and Cybersecurity Team. She is certified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) for CIPP/US, CIPM and CIPT.
Areas of Practice
Julie is particularly experienced in helping clients as they create global privacy programs. Her work includes gap assessments, remediation plans, data breach response and preparedness. She reviews company products and services for privacy implications, drafts online terms and conditions and privacy policies and advises clients on cross-border data transfers and compliance with U.S. and international privacy regulations and standards. She also assists with privacy and cybersecurity due diligence in various types of corporate transactions and reviews disclosures in public company filings and governance documents.
Julie’s practice also includes drafting and negotiating data security exhibits, data processing agreements, data licenses, software licenses, professional services agreements and other commercial agreements involving technology. Her prior background experience includes roles as both in-house and outside counsel.
- Co-Author, "Illinois Continues Legislative Efforts Aimed at Protecting Consumers’ Privacy Rights," Pratt’s Privacy & Cybersecurity Law Report, Vol. 3, No. 5, June 2017
- Quoted, "Other States Potentially Following Standard Set by Illinois Biometric Privacy Law," Cook County Record, May 1, 2017
- Co-Author, "The Yates Memo, Corporate Cooperation and Attorney-Client Privilege," Law Journal Newsletters - Business Crimes Bulletin, February 2016
Privacy Law Blog Posts
- "Final Draft of NIST Privacy Framework Released," February 25, 2020
- "New Artificial Intelligence Law for Illinois Employers in January 2020," December 3, 2019
- "The Privacy Shield Survives Another EU Commission Review, For Now…" November 22, 2019
- "FTC and Software Company Reach Security Settlement Over Unfair Practices," October 14, 2019
- "California Follows Vermont, Requires Data Broker Registration," October 14, 2019
- "Proposed CCPA Regs Released, Comments Due Dec. 6," October 11, 2019
- "Will More Clarity on Definition of ATDS Under TCPA Finally Be Here Soon?" September 26, 2019
- "Maryland Adds Insurance Commissioner to Breach Notification Requirements," September 23, 2019
- Panelist, “California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA),” Chicago Bar Association - Financial Institutions Committee Meeting, February 12, 2020
- via Zoom, 04.07.2020
- IAPP Privacy Law Section, 03.19.2020
International Association of Privacy Professionals – for CIPP/US, CIPM and CIPT.