Justine Lei is an associate in the Corporate and Governmental Practice Groups in the firm's New York office and is a member of the firm’s healthcare industry team.
Areas of Practice
Justine represents clients in the healthcare industry on a range of transactional, regulatory and business matters. She advises clients in connection with corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring and governance matters as well as a range of regulatory issues such as corporate practice of medicine compliance, change of ownership, physician contracting, Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS) compliance. Justine also advises clients on various data privacy and healthcare technology matters, including telemedicine and data security.
Justine received her B.A. in Philosophy and Psychology from New York University and her J.D. from Fordham University School of Law, where she was a Notes and Articles Editor for the International Law Journal, a member of Moot Court, a board member of the Health Law Society, and served as the President of the Fordham Law Asian Pacific American Law Student Association. During her time in law school, Justine was a judicial intern for the Honorable Denny Chin, Circuit Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
FDA Law Blog Posts
- "From Good Reprint Practices to SIUU Communications: What Firms Need to Know," November 10, 2023
- "Context is Key: FDA Sends a Strong Message About Efficacy Claims," September 7, 2023
- "DOJ Continues to Discuss Updates to Compliance Program Guidance and Corporate Enforcement Policies," June 15, 2023
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- "CMS Promotes Competition, Transparency, Health Equity and More in the CY2025 Medicare Advantage and Part D Proposed Rule," November 13, 2023
- "Connecticut Follows in the Footsteps of Other Jurisdictions Requiring Registration of Pharmaceutical Representatives," October 25, 2023
- "FDA Approval Mifepristone REMS Program Modification Expands Patient Access to Abortion Care," January 20, 2023
- "Long Term Care Update: As Winter Arrives, CMS Renews its Emphasis on COVID-19 Vaccinations, Bivalent Boosters and Timely Therapeutic Treatments," December 19, 2022
- "Supreme Court Decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization Overturns 50 Years of Precedent on Abortion Laws and Rights," July 1, 2022
- May 17-18, 2023