Jennifer Nassiri is a partner in the Finance and Bankruptcy Practice Group in the firm's Century City office.
Areas of Practice
Jennifer counsels secured and unsecured creditors, creditors’ committees, licensors and licensees of intellectual property, landlords and tenants, equity holders and corporate officers, and special committees among others, in the healthcare, retail, real estate, manufacturing, automotive and media and entertainment industries, in connection with pre-bankruptcy planning, restructurings and liquidations, both in Chapter 11 and out of court.
She has significant experience counseling Chapter 11 debtors, lenders, special servicers, property owners, asset purchasers, insiders and Chapter 11 trustees, including liquidating trustees in a broad spectrum of complex issues in bankruptcy. Her practice includes Chapter 11 plan litigation, 363 sales, valuation disputes, debtor-in-possession financing, preference and fraudulent transfer litigation and assignments for the benefit of creditors. She frequently counsels intellectual property licensors and licensees in distressed transactions and bankruptcy.
Jennifer also has experience in the healthcare space, where she specifically guides clients through the complex world of distressed hospitals and nursing homes in Chapter 11.
Banking and Finance Visionary, Los Angeles Times Banking and Finance: Trends, Updates and Visionaries, 2023
Best Lawyer in America, Best Lawyers, 2024
Top Women Lawyer, Daily Journal, 2022
Woman of Influence, Los Angeles Business Journal, 2022
Recognized for Bankruptcy and Restructuring, Chambers USA, 2018, 2021-2023
Southern California Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers, 2015-2023
Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2007-2010
- American Bankruptcy Institute, 04.03.2023
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- "Update to: A Lifeline Amidst Turbulent Times: California Lawmakers Approve Emergency Loans for Struggling Hospitals," May 19, 2023
Board Member, International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC) – Southern California Network
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Global Advisory Board Member, Women In Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF), 2016-2018
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI)
J.D., Loyola Law School, 2000, Dean's List, Phi Delta Phi
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1996, cum laude
- United States District Court
- Northern District of California
- Central District of California
- Southern District of California
- Eastern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court