- J.D., UC Hastings College of the Law, 2015, cum laude
- M.A., Carnegie Mellon University, 2010
- B.A., University of North Texas, 2009, magna cum laude
- Externed for the Honorable Nathanael Cousins in the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Central, Eastern, and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Joy Siu is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm’s San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Siu’s practice focuses on complex and commercial litigation, with particular emphasis on the defense of complex class actions arising under warranty laws and various consumer protection statutes, including the UCL, FAL, and CLRA. She also represents clients in breach of contract and business tort disputes.
She also serves as a co-chair of the firm’s San Francisco Women Lawyers Group and is a member of the UC Hastings Board of Governors.
Prior to law school, Ms. Siu taught interpretation and argument, composition, and rhetoric at Carnegie Mellon University. During law school, Ms. Siu leveraged her training in persuasive writing into five best appellate brief awards as a member of the UC Hastings Moot Court Competition Team, where she also gained early courtroom experience, winning the Thomas Tang National Moot Court Competition, New York City Bar Association Regional Moot Court Competition, and David E. Snodgrass Moot Court Competition. Ms. Siu also served as the President of the Associated Students of UC Hastings, editor of the Constitutional Law Quarterly, and Co-Founder of the UC Hastings Chapter of Ms. JD, an organization dedicated to advancing women in the legal profession.
Construction Law Blog Posts
Class Action Defense Strategy Blog