- J.D., UC Hastings College of the Law, 2015, cum laude, President of the Associated Students of UC Hastings, Co-Chair of the UC Hastings Moot Court Competition Team Board
- M.A., Carnegie Mellon University, 2010
- B.A., University of North Texas, 2009, magna cum laude
- Externed for the Honorable Nathanael Cousins in the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Central, Eastern, and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Joy Siu is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Prior to law school, Ms. Siu taught interpretation and argument, composition, and rhetoric at Carnegie Mellon University. During law school, Ms. Siu leveraged her extensive training in persuasive writing into five best appellate brief awards as a member of the UC Hastings Moot Court Competition Team. As a member of the Team, she also gained early courtroom experience, winning the Thomas Tang National Moot Court Competition, New York City Bar Association Regional Moot Court Competition, and David E. Snodgrass Moot Court Competition. Ms. Siu also served as an editor for the Constitutional Law Quarterly and a Co-Founder of the UC Hastings Chapter of Ms. JD, an organization dedicated to advancing women in the legal profession.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Siu’s practice focuses mainly on commercial and complex litigation, including breach of contract disputes and defending companies against consumer class actions. She also litigates claims arising under CERCLA and state environmental law.
Construction Law Blog Posts
Class Action Defense Strategy Blog