Joshua Weisenfeld is an associate in the Intellectual Property Group in the firm's San Diego (Del Mar) office.
Areas of Practice
Joshua advises and represents clients on intellectual property matters, including the prosecution and litigation of patents, trademarks, and copyrights. Joshua focuses his prosecution practice on preparing and drafting patents in the high tech space, where he works with clients to protect electronic and mechanical systems, automotive systems, telecommunication systems, aerospace and defense systems, energy and infrastructure systems, consumer products, biomedical devices, and software. Joshua also maintains a litigation practice where he works with clients on large-scale, commercial, patent and trademark matters.
Joshua’s technical experience encompasses electronics and instruments, electrical engineering, nuclear engineering, robotics and robotic engineering, astronomy and astro-physics, electro-magnetics, experimental modern physics, mechanics and mechanical engineering, and optics.
While attending law school, Joshua worked as a Student Attorney in the Cardozo Tech Start-Up Clinic, where he provided pro bono representation to early stage tech companies regarding matters related to formation, incorporation, governance, privacy, patents, trademarks, and blockchain technologies. Joshua volunteered as a Staff Editor on the Cardozo Journal of Equal Rights and Social justice where he published an article titled Medical Marijuana Patients: Discrimination & the Search for Employment Protections, which explored the intricate relationship between rapidly changing medical marijuana laws and the employment protections of the American’s with Disabilities Act. Joshua served as the Vice President of the Benjamin N. Cardozo Intellectual Property Law Society; the Treasurer of the Cardozo Start-Up Society; and as a Programming Committee Member of the Cardozo Data Law Initiative. Joshua also competed in the CUBE Innovators Invitational where he co-founded a legal tech company.
- Law360, 11.13.2023
- Sheppard Mullin, Spring 2023
Intellectual Property Law Blog Posts
- "Sisvel International S.A. v. Sierra Wireless, Inc., No. 2022-1387, 2022-1492 (Fed. Cir. Sept 1, 2023)," October 24, 2023
- "FS.COM INC. v. International Trade Commission Corning Optical Communications LLC – Intervenor No. 22-1228 (Fed. Cir. Apr. 20, 2023)," August 2, 2023
- "In re Couvaras, No. 2022-1489 (Fed. Cir. June 14, 2023)," August 1, 2023
- "2023 Federal Circuit Case Summaries," April 24, 2023
J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
B.A., Physics & English, Gustavus Adolphus College
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- United States Patent and Trademark Office – Reg. No. 80,496