- Labor and Employment
- J.D., Loyola Law School, 1988
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 1985
Kelly L. Hensley is a partner in the firm's Los Angeles office. She is Practice Group Leader of the firm's Labor and Employment Practice Group. Ms. Hensley specializes in labor and employment counseling and wage and hour matters.
Areas of Practice
Compliance Audits. Ms. Hensley regularly conducts wage-hour and HR-related compliance audits for companies of all sizes. Ms. Hensley helps clients create compliance programs designed to meet state and federal requirements.
Employment Counseling. Ms. Hensley regularly counsels employers in all aspects of California and federal employment law, including employee hiring and discipline procedures, unfair competition matters, worker classification issues, leaves of absence, wage and hour law, and employee severance and termination strategies. Ms. Hensley has substantial expertise drafting all types of employment agreements and policies, including employee handbooks, independent contractor agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, sexual harassment policies, email and internet usage policies, and employment-related forms.
Ms. Hensley advocates a proactive approach, counseling employers to evaluate their employment practices to minimize liability exposure. Her client-focused counsel is tailored to serve the long term goals of each client.
Training and Investigations. Ms. Hensley frequently conducts training lectures and seminars on general human resources issues. She also assists with sexual harassment and other employment related investigations, and implements effective employee discipline or exit strategies in response to those investigations.
Employment Litigation. In addition to her counseling practice, Ms. Hensley regularly represents clients in wage-hour class actions and matters before administrative agencies.
- Labor and Employment, Legal 500, 2015-2018
- March 11, 2013
- June 1, 2004
- July 10, 2001
Labor & Employment Law Blog Posts
- "Deadline for Compliance with New EEO-1 Form Stayed Indefinitely," August 31, 2017
- "Ramirez v. Dependable Highway Express: The Reasonable Accommodation of an Employee’s Family," May 10, 2016
- "California's Computer-Related Exemption Is Modified", November 9, 2007
Corporate Securities Law Blog Posts
- "Employer That Reviewed Text Messages Violated Employee's Right To Privacy", September 8, 2008
- She is a co-author of the California Labor and Employment Alert Newsletter, which is published bi-monthly.
- Daily Journal, February 9, 2011
- Ms. Hensley has lectured throughout California and the nation on a variety of topics including wage and hour law, discrimination issues, wrongful termination and sexual harassment.
- For HR Practitioners and General CounselGrand Hyatt New York - Park Avenue at Grand Central Terminal, June 12, 2008
- Member, Labor Law Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association