Kathleen Stratton is special counsel in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Kathleen represents healthcare industry clients in matters focusing predominantly on regulatory compliance, licensure, certification and operational issues facing a vast array of provider types. Over the past 30 years, her provider clients have included hospitals, specialty pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, durable medical equipment suppliers, skilled nursing facilities, primary care clinics, individual physicians and physician group practices.
Representing such a wide variety of health care providers, Kathleen has had the opportunity to counsel her clients in numerous matters providers face every day. She assists providers in defending against False Claims Act and other government investigations, advises them on issues involving health care fraud and abuse laws and is often integrally involved in the implementation and monitoring of corporate compliance programs. Kathleen has had the unique experience of serving as an IRO for a pharmaceutical company subject to a corporate integrity agreement. Finally, she has significant experience in the specialty area of certificate of need law.
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- "Medicare Part B Most Favored Nation Drug Pricing Model: New Rules, New Lawsuits, New Tweets," December 21, 2020
- "CMS Finalizes Medicare Advantage Price Transparency Requirements, Despite Industry Criticism," September 11, 2020
- "CMS Issues Temporary Waivers in Broad Coronavirus Response," April 2, 2020
- "Key Health Care Provisions of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (the “CARES Act”)," March 30, 2020
- "Quality Improvement Programs," November 1, 2018
False Claims Act Defense Law Blog
- 2020 Healthcare Policy, Legal and Regulatory Predictions, Sheppard Mullin, New York and Sheppard Mullin, San Francisco, 01.23.2020
- Roundtable and Networking Event, Sheppard Mullin, Washington D.C., 12.05.2019