Luke Bickel is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's San Diego (Del Mar) office.
Areas of Practice
Luke defends employers of all sizes in matters involving discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wrongful termination, and wage and hour. He has experience defending all aspects of employment-related claims, from single plaintiff to class and PAGA matters, in state and federal court.
Beyond the realm of litigation, Luke advises clients on employment issues ranging from wage and hour compliance to federal OSHA and Cal/OSHA investigations. Luke’s experience also includes helping clients obtain workplace violence restraining orders and conducting workplace investigations.
Luke is a consistent contributor to the firm’s Labor & Employment Law Blog, Trade Secrets Law Blog, and California Labor and Employment ALERT.
Prior to law school, Luke worked as a clerk in a plaintiff-side personal injury firm in Orange County. While in law school, he gained more litigation experience as a first-year summer associate at a small construction litigation firm. At USC, he participated in the Hale Moot Court Honors Program. He also served as the events coordinator for the Business Law Society, an executive member of Law Students for Better Health, and an executive member of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity.
- Law360, 07.12.2023
Labor & Employment Law Blog Posts
- "OSHA’s New National Emphasis Program Aimed at Preventing Warehouse Injury and Heat Hazards and Its Possible Implications on California," August 17, 2023
- "The Use of Artificial Intelligence in Employee Selection Procedures: Updated Guidance From the EEOC," June 6, 2023
- "Supreme Court Clarifies a “Day-Rate” Does Not Meet the FLSA “Salary Basis” Test, Even for Highly Compensated Employees," March 15, 2023
- "Ring in the New Year With a Refresher on COVID-19 Regulations and Laws," December 20, 2022
- "Cal/OSHA Continues to Consider Adoption of a COVID-19 Permanent Standard," September 30, 2022
- "Cal/OSHA Announces Public Hearing on Proposed COVID-19 Permanent Standard," August 19, 2022
- "U.S. Supreme Court Stays Implementation of OSHA’s COVID-19 ETS Requiring Vaccination or Weekly Testing Policy," January 14, 2022
Trade Secrets Law Blog Posts
- Labor and Employment
- Labor and Employment Counseling
- Labor and Employment Litigation
J.D., USC Gould School of Law, 2021
B.S. and B.B.A., Cal Poly State University, San Luis Obispo, 2017, magna cum laude
- United States District Court for the Central District of California