Lauren Blaes is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's Orange County office.
Areas of Practice
Lauren represents employers in a broad range of employment disputes including wage and hour class actions, Private Attorney General Act (PAGA) actions, and individual discrimination, retaliation, harassment, and wrongful termination disputes. Lauren has experience defending employers in state and federal courts, as well as in arbitrations and administrative hearings.
Lauren also provides advice and counseling on labor and employment practices, including employer policies and procedures, employee classification, including exempt classification and independent contractor classification, and employment law compliance.
Sheppard Mullin’s Bob Williams Community Betterment Award, 2021
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
- "What’s on Deck With Governor Newsom? Employment-Related Bills That May Soon Impact California Employers," September 7, 2022
- "Two Executive Orders Signed on International Women’s Day Promoting Gender Equity and Equality," March 10, 2021
- "A Roadmap to Resilience: Debriefing California’s Reopening Plan," May 19, 2020
- "A Heads Up On The CROWN Act: Employees’ Natural Hairstyles Now Protected," August 21, 2019
Co-Chair of Young Lawyer Division, Orange County Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Member, Orange County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 2018, Managing Editor, UCLA Law Review
B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 2015, with highest honors
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable James V. Selna in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California