Lucky Meinz is a partner in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Lucky counsels employers on all aspects of employment law, including wrongful termination, retaliation, discrimination, breach of contract, noncompete, incentive compensation and other and wage and hour matters. She regularly reviews and drafts company policies, employee handbooks, and employment agreements.
Lucky is also an experienced litigator who has successfully defended single-plaintiff, representative, class, and collective actions in arbitration, trial and appellate courts. Her courtroom achievements include single-plaintiff and class action dismissals, defeating class certification, winning summary judgments, settling disputes on favorable terms prior to litigation, getting default judgments vacated, getting defendants dismissed and compelling arbitration of claims.
Northern California Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2014-2018
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
- "California Legislature and Governor Approves New PAGA Carve-Out," November 8, 2021
- "Delaying Enforcement of Arbitration Agreements May Lead to Undesirable Consequences," January 28, 2021
- "California Court of Appeal Addresses Unlimited Vacation Policies for the First Time in McPherson v. EF Intercultural Foundation, Inc.," April 6, 2020
J.D., University of Minnesota Law School, 2008, cum laude
MSc, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2005
B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 2004, high honors
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California