Maria Gomez is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Maria’s practice focuses on representing employers in a wide array of labor and employment subject areas including: wage/hours claims, the defense of single plaintiff and class action discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and related claims. Maria also advises and counsels clients on various employment practices, such as new hire issues, terminations, employee classification, and restrictive covenants.
Labor & Employment Law Blog Posts
- "The Department of Justice Issues 'Web Accessibility Guidance'," March 31, 2022
- "New York State Amends Its Workplace Anti-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Laws," March 31, 2022
- "UPDATED: NYC Council Passes Bill Granting Paid Sick Leave to Parents Vaccinating Children Against COVID-19," January 27, 2022
- "NYC Council Passes Bill Granting Paid Sick Leave to Parents Vaccinating Children Against COVID-19," December 10, 2021
New York State Bar Association
- Labor and Employment
- Labor and Employment Counseling
- Labor and Employment Litigation
J.D., St. John's University, 2019, Dean's List
B.S., The State University of New York at Buffalo, 2015, cum laude
- New York
- New Jersey