- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2016, magna cum laude, Brooklyn Law School Scholarly Journal Writing Award
- B.S., Physics, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2013
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Michael Hopkins is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's San Diego (Del Mar) office.
Areas of Practice
Michael advises and represents clients om intellectual property matters, including the litigation and prosecution of patents, trademarks and copyrights.
Michael litigates patent disputes in various federal district courts, including California, Delaware, Minnesota and Indiana, as well as at the Federal Circuit in industries ranging from transistor manufacturing to in-home gates. He also helps manage clients’ patent portfolios both in the U.S. and abroad.
While attending law school, Michael served as an Executive Articles Editor of the Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial and Commercial Law. He also worked in the Brooklyn Law Incubator and Policy Clinic, where he provided pro bono patent prosecution services.
- "Early impressions of the Defend Trade Secrets Act," World Intellectual Property Review, October 2016
- "Starving the Troll: Using the Customer Suit Exception to Deter Abusive Patent Litigation," Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial and Commercial Law, 2015