Mona Solouki is a special counsel in the Antitrust and Competition Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Solouki specializes in antitrust issues arising out of the enforcement of standard essential patents (SEPs) and other intellectual property rights, including representing clients before the antitrust regulatory and enforcement agencies.
She represented Samsung Electronics in global patent and standards related antitrust governmental proceedings, and private and government antitrust actions involving major technology companies. She also defended Samsung Electronics in DOJ antitrust investigation of SEPs.
Ms. Solouki also specializes in defending individual and nation-wide class action lawsuits arising under both state and federal antitrust and consumer protection statutes. Her experience includes managing complex antitrust actions from inception to trial through fact and expert discovery, motion practice, and trial preparation. She also represents clients in negotiating with state and federal antitrust enforcement agencies in connection with subpoenas and civil investigative demands related to complex and multi-jurisdictional antitrust investigations and litigation.
Ms. Solouki is a member of the California State and Washington State Bars. She is admitted to practice before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Central and Eastern Districts of California, as well as Western District of Washington. Ms. Solouki appears before both state and federal courts and also has experience in private arbitration before the Court of International Chamber of Commerce.
Antitrust Law Blog Posts
- "Ninth Circuit Holds That NCAA’s Amateurism Rules Violate Section 1 of the Sherman Act," October 27, 2015
- "In a Rarely-Seen Joint-Effort in the Competition Arena, the DOJ and the USPTO Unite in Issuing a Policy Statement on Remedies Involving Standard Essential Patents," January 16, 2013
- "Court Throws Out Antitrust Claims Against Netflix", May 24, 2011
- "Court Tosses Transpacific Air Passengers' Claims Based on Alleged Overcharges for Flights Originating in Asia", May 13, 2011
- "Indirect Purchaser Plavix Class Actions Tossed for Lack of Antitrust Standing", February 18, 2011
- "Aspartame Class Action Dismissal Affirmed on Statute of Limitations Grounds", February 18, 2011
- "Court Dismisses Claims Against Shippers Under Twombly And The Filed Rate Doctrine", October 12, 2009
- Antitrust and Intellectual Property Boot Camp, The Bar Association of San Francisco, April 7, 2015
- Antitrust and Competition
- Governmental Practice
J.D., University of California, Hastings, 2001, magna cum laude, Senior Articles Editor for the Hastings Law Journal and the Brief Editor for the National Moot Court Team
M.S., Golden Gate University, 1997
B.S., Golden Gate University, 1994