CARES Act Oversight & Enforcement
The CARES Act of 2020 provides an unprecedented infusion of cash (over $2T) into the economy. History shows that with massive government spending, comes heightened government oversight and enforcement to root out perceived fraud and abuse. Couple this with massive layoffs, furloughs and record-high unemployment, and the perfect storm exists for a surge in whistleblower claims of fraud.
Sheppard Mullin’s White Collar and Investigations specialists and Ankura’s forensic accounting, healthcare investigations and compliance experts will share tactics and lessons learned from decades of experience with government enforcement in the wake of similar crises. They will identify target rich areas, government enforcement priorities, and perhaps most importantly, the proactive steps or “best practices” you should take now to avoid expensive government and whistleblower inquiries and claims that can result in damages multipliers, statutory penalties, fines, and even program exclusion.
- The CARES Act Oversight and Enforcement Mechanisms
- Specific Focus on Healthcare Provisions
- Enforcement Priorities, Tactics and Potential Target Areas
- Prepare for an Explosion of Whistleblower or Bounty Hunter Claims
- Learn About Best Practices and Tips to Avoid Exposure Down the Road