Nota Bene Episode 107: U.S. Q1 Check In: Looking Forward to Trade, Security, and Environmental Regulations with Elizabeth Frazee and Chani Wiggins
Welcome back to a new year and a new Nota Bene episode. In this Episode, we’re joined by two U.S. political experts and lobbyists to explore several of the potential issues facing the 117th Congress under President-Elect Biden’s leadership. Michael's guests today are Elizabeth Frazee and Chani Wiggins of TwinLogic Strategies.
Elizabeth Frazee is the Co-Founder and CEO of Twin Logic Strategies, a boutique government relations firm. Elizabeth was named a “Top Lobbyist” by The Hill newspaper and has a 30-year career in Washington that encompasses over a decade working in high-level jobs on Capitol Hill, executive experience at leading tech and entertainment companies and years of successful representation of companies, trade associations and non-profits as a policy advocate and political strategist.
Chani Wiggins has leveraged 16 years of federal government experience to assist clients with various policy interests in Congress and within the Administration. Since September 2010, Chani has represented clients with priorities in national security, telecommunications and technology, and energy policies. She also serves as a strategic advisor for the Government & Technology Services Coalition (GTSC), an organization of small and mid-sized company executives that develop and implement solutions for the federal homeland and national security sector.
What We Discussed in This Episode:
- Will we see a more optimistic and productive note in the U.S. in 2021?
- Is President-Elect Biden likely to work well with both sides of the aisle?
- What are some issues that will be addressed by this year’s Congress?
- Where will President-Elect Biden likely focus his energy in the first year?
- Does President-Elect Biden’s long service in the Senate command greater respect from Congress members?
- When it comes to environmental issues, is Congress willing to return to passing legislation again?
- What will happen with international trade?
- How will cybersecurity and privacy legislation be addressed?
- Will there be continued scrutiny of technology companies?
TwinLogic Strategies website