French Insider Podcast Episode 7: What Businesses Need to Know about the US and Canadian Workforces: HR, Return to Office, and Cultural Differences with Wendy Alderdice
As the North American labor market experiences new challenges, shifts, and changes, HR professionals and recruiters are looking to stay informed on how to differentiate themselves in the market. Alongside these shifts, differences between French and North American markets bring unique perspectives and differences in workplaces. In this episode, we dive into the realities of the North American workforce from an HR perspective in 2021.
Joining the podcast is Wendy Alderdice, Chief Human Resources Officer at Socomec Group. With over 25 years of business experience aligning HR strategy, Wendy has expertise in all aspects of Human Resource Management within a global context, including development and implementation of HR strategy, organizational development, change management, strategic communications, and more.
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show to receive every new episode delivered straight to your podcast player every week.
If you enjoyed this episode, please help us get the word out about this podcast. You can listen in Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Google Podcasts, Stitcher Radio or Spotify. It helps other listeners find this show.
What We Discussed in This Episode
- What is your perspective on the North American labor market?
- What are some of the challenges related to the North American labor market?
- With all these challenges with the labor market, how do you attract talent, especially as a new-comer to the market?
- How do you differentiate your offer, especially when you are not the highest paying one?
- How is the HR function important to the growth of North America?
- What do you think are the skills and attributes of a strong HR professional?
- How important is it to set the tone at the top with management for the North American workforce?
- How important are company values to a business?
- What are some of the cultural differences that exist when you compare French and North American workplaces?
- What are some of the difficulties that have arisen working with both the French and North American workforce?
- What programs have you implemented while trying to navigate COVID-19 in the workplace?
Wendy Alderdice, Chief Human Resources Officer, Socomec, North America
Co-Chair - Valérie Demont
Co-Chair: Christine Hoefliger Hourcade
Thank you for listening!
This podcast is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not to be construed as legal advice specific to your circumstances. If you need help with any legal matter, be sure to consult with an attorney regarding your specific needs.