Nota Bene Episode 73: “Quarantine and Chill”: Will COVID-19 Impact the Cannabis Industry? with Whitney Hodges
The uncertainty of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has permeated every aspect of our society - personally and economically. As we continue to navigate this “new normal,” we’re taking a closer look at how the virus might affect all of the various players in the cannabis industry and discussing what cannabis businesses can expect over the next year.
Joining Michael Cohen for this conversation is Whitney Hodges. Whitney is a partner in the Real Estate, Land Use and Natural Resources Practice Group in the Sheppard Mullin San Diego office. She is the leader of the firm’s Cannabis Industry Team and serves on the firm's Pro Bono, Recruiting and Diversity & Inclusion committees, as well as numerous industry specific teams.
What We Discuss in This Episode:
- How is the coronavirus going to affect the cannabis industry?
- Why 2019 didn’t turn out to be as amazing for cannabis businesses as was anticipated?
- How has the lack of Federal legalities scared off potential investors in this space?
- Who are all of the various players in this cannabis industry?
- Will COVID-19 affect the cultivation and distribution of the cannabis plant?
- Had the virus not occurred, what could the industry have expected in terms of advancements?
- What type of creative marketing are cannabis businesses employing during this time?
Sheppard Mullin's Coronavirus Insights page.