Nota Bene Episode 58: The Advantages of Using Cryptocurrencies and Other Blockchain Technologies for Business Growth with James Gatto
From payments using bitcoin to smart contracts, blockchain technologies are revolutionizing how business is done in every industry. As blockchain technologies continue to mature, we’re exploring the latest developments in the use of bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, and other blockchain technologies by multinational companies.
Joining host Michael Cohen for this episode is Jim Gatto. Jim is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in Sheppard Mullin’s Washington, D.C. office. He is also Team Leader of the firm's Blockchain Technology and Digital Assets team, and its Social Media and Games industry team. He also is Team Leader of the firm's Open Source team.
Jim appeared as a former guest in Episode 3.
What We Discuss in this Episode:
- What are Security Token Offerings (STO)?
- How are STO’s remaining compliant with securities regulations?
- Are federal securities laws finally embracing cryptocurrency?
- What are Stable Coins and what are they meant to accomplish?
- How are cryptocurrencies changing the economies of the world?
- What is the proposed Token Taxonomy Act?
- What guidance has FinCEN issued regarding the trading of cryptocurrencies and complying with the Bank Secrecy Act?
- What is an SEC No Action Letter and in what two scenarios have the SEC issued these letters lately?
- Should multinational companies be thinking about using cryptocurrencies in their businesses?
- How are some large companies using blockchain technologies in their supply chains?
- How is the FDA planning on using blockchain in order to increase safety?
- Can blockchain technology be applied to the purchase and sale of art?
Blockchain 50 article - https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeldelcastillo/2019/04/16/blockchain-50-billion-dollar-babies/