- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 2010, Editor-in-Chief, Public Contract Law Journal, Roger Boyd Scholar
- B.A., University at Albany, State University of New York, 2006, summa cum laude
- Judicial Intern to the Honorable Gerald E. Rosen, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- District of Columbia
Mr. Roberts is an associate in the Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Roberts has extensive experience handling government contract disputes and defending individuals and corporations in a wide range of civil fraud investigations, including investigations under the Civil False Claims Act and the FAR Mandatory Disclosure Rule. Mr. Roberts has handled corporate internal investigations involving diverse industries such as aerospace and defense, electronics, high technologies, and telecommunications. He also provides compliance program advice and counsel, and has specialized knowledge relating to the GSA Federal Supply Schedules program.
As part of his internal investigation practice, Mr. Roberts serves as a member of the team appointed in 2013 by the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana as the federal monitor over the New Orleans Police Department responsible for reviewing, assessing, and reporting publicly on the NOPD's compliance with a far-reaching Consent Decree.
- March 21, 2014
- A Reminder That FCA Can Be Used For Customs Enforcement, Law360, January 30, 2014
- Protesting At ODRA: Learning The Lay Of The Land, Law360, September 27, 2011
- "Does Automatic Mean Automatic? The Applicability of the CICA Automatic Stay to Task and Delivery Order Bid Protests," Public Contract Law Journal, 39 Pub. Cont. L.J. 641 (2010)
Global Trade Law Blog Posts
- "A Peek Around the Curtain: A False Claims Act Settlement for Avoiding Customs Charges," January 8, 2014
Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Blog Posts
- "The Changing Landscape for Services Contractors," January 22, 2015
- "What’s New Out There? Highlights from the February 2014 Federal Register," February 26, 2014
- "Protesting at ODRA?: Learning the Lay of the Land", September 19, 2011
- "OFCCP's FAAP Rule Revision Places More Burdensome Requirements on Contractors", September 19, 2011
- "DCMA Updates Forward Pricing Rate Recommendation Policy", March 16, 2011
- Renaissance M Street Hotel, Washington, D.C., October 24, 2012