Interim FAR Rule Covering Part B of Section 889
At long last, the Government has published its Interim FAR Rule covering Part B of Section 889. Please join the Coalition as we host Sheppard Mullin partners Jonathan Aronie and Ryan Roberts for their analysis.
Part A focused on a contractor’s sale of products or services to the Government that incorporate banned technology (i.e., technology from Huawei, ZTE, Hytera, Hikvision, or Danhua). Part B is significantly broader, and focuses on a contractor’s use of products or services that incorporate banned technology, regardless of whether the use is in connection with a federal contract.
The purpose of the webinar is to help you prepare for the implementation of Part B, with the revised FAR clause going live on August 13, 2020. Topics covered will include (among other things):
- Understanding the scope of the Section 889 Part B Requirements
- Conducting a “reasonable inquiry” into your use of covered equipment
- Implementing the new obligations with respect to subcontractors/suppliers
- Developing a Section 889 compliance plan
The session is suitable for lawyers, contracts managers, business leaders, and compliance/ethics/risk officers.
- Jonathan Aronie, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Ryan Roberts, Partner, Sheppard Mullin