Robert Foster is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's San Diego (Del Mar) office.
Areas of Practice
Bobby represents employers in various types of employment litigation, including class action wage and hour claims; PAGA claims; and discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment, and retaliation lawsuits. He also advises employers on compliance with labor and employment laws so as to avoid litigation.
In addition to labor and employment matters, Bobby handles various commercial litigation disputes, including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, tortious interference with contract, unfair competition, and shareholder derivative claims.
During law school, Bobby served as a judicial extern to the Honorable M. Margaret McKeown of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, the Honorable Gilbert Nares of the California Court of Appeal, Fourth Appellate District, Division One, and the Honorable Janis L. Sammartino of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.
Prior to law school, he accumulated over ten years of practical litigation experience as a paralegal. Bobby served as lead paralegal for IP litigation groups in matters at the federal district and appellate courts, ITC, PTAB, and TTAB. He also served as lead paralegal for matters involving antitrust, federal government contracts, and energy regulatory law.
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
"The Cost and Burden of Discovery for California Employers Will Likely Increase in 2020," January 27, 2020
Member, San Diego County Bar Association
J.D., University of San Diego, 2019, cum laude; Order of Barristers; Lead Articles Editor, San Diego Law Review; 1st Place Overall, USD Alumni Torts Moot Court Tournament
B.A., Emory University, 2005
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable M. Margaret McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Justice Gilbert Nares, California Court of Appeal, Fourth District, Division 1
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Janis L. Sammartino of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California