- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 2011, cum laude, The George Washington Law Review
- B.A., Emory University, 2008, Phi Beta Kappa
- District of Columbia
Ryan Munitz is an associate in the Labor and Employment Group in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Munitz's practice focuses on labor and employment counseling, particularly regarding compliance with the National Labor Relations Act. She specializes in the Railway Labor Act and has extensive experience advising employers during union organizing campaigns regarding compliance with the RLA. Ms. Munitz has experience representing companies in labor arbitrations and labor negotiations, and handling other traditional labor matters. She also assists clients with drafting employment, severance, confidentiality, non-competition, and non-solicitation agreements, as well as other employment policies, in compliance with state and federal law.
Aside from her practice, Ms. Munitz has also taught a course on Legal Research and Writing at The George Washington University Law School as an Adjunct Professor.
Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Blog Posts
- "Department of Labor Issues Final Rule Implementing Executive Order Requiring Paid Sick Leave for Employees of Federal Contractors," October 26, 2016
- "The Changing Landscape for Services Contractors," January 22, 2015
- "Executive Orders and New Employment Requirements for Federal Contractors," April 18, 2014
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
- "National Labor Relations Board Seeks To Increase Participation in Alternative Dispute Resolution Program With New Pilot Program," July 16, 2018
- "National Labor Relations Board’s General Counsel Releases Memorandum Providing Guidance On Handbook Rules After Its December 2017 Boeing Decision," June 25, 2018
- "NLRB Confirms That It Intends To Proceed With Rulemaking On Joint Employer Standard," June 8, 2018
- "National Labor Relations Board Deviates from Typical Practice and Announces that It is Considering Rulemaking to Address Joint Employer Standard," May 23, 2018
- "7th Circuit Issues Ruling That Waiver of Statutory Rights under FLSA in Collective Bargaining Agreement Must Be Clear and Unmistakable," May 30, 2017
- "National Labor Relations Board Issues Yet Another Decision Finding An Employer’s Work Rules Overly Broad," December 12, 2016
- "Department of Labor Issues Final Rule Implementing Executive Order Requiring Paid Sick Leave for Employees of Federal Contractors," October 14, 2016
- "U.S. Department of Labor Issues Proposed Regulations Regarding Federal Contractors’ Obligation To Provide Paid Sick Leave To Employees," February 29, 2016
- "Attention D.C. Employers: Notice Provisions of Wage Theft Prevention Amendment Act Must Be Complied With By May 27, 2015," May 21, 2015
- "Equal Pay Issues Addressed by President Obama on “National Equal Pay Day,” When He Signed An Executive Order and Presidential Memorandum Affecting Federal Contractors," April 10, 2014
- "Department of Labor's Administrative Review Board Interprets Term 'Adverse Action' Under SOX More Expansively Than it is Interpreted Under Title VII," November 2, 2011