Steve Peterson is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Houston office.
Areas of Practice
Steve represents public and private companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, securities offerings, corporate restructurings, venture capital, private equity financings and matters related to corporate governance. Steve also has significant experience representing clients in a diverse array of industries, including energy, food and beverage, hospitality, automotive and industrial. Steve has advised companies, family offices, sponsors, borrowers, lenders and investors on hundreds of transactions totaling several billions of dollars over his career.
Representative transactions include:
- Represented a regional gas distribution company in its sale to a private equity buyer.
- Represented Houston based Aeriform Corporation in its sale to Airgas.
- Represented Air Liquide USA on several small to middle market acquisitions.
Represented mid-cap publicly traded midstream company in connection with a transportation and gathering system joint venture with another mid-cap publicly traded company.
Represented large-cap publicly traded midstream company in connection with a transportation and gathering system joint venture with another large-cap publicly traded company.
- Represented Ebro Group of Spain, through its U.S. subsidiary Riviana Foods Inc., in the sale of the majority of the U.S. branded pasta portfolio of Riviana Foods to TreeHouse Foods.
- Represented Ebro Group of Spain, through its U.S. subsidiary Riviana Foods Inc. and its Canadian subsidiary Catelli Food Corporation, in the sale of the Catelli branded pasta portfolio of Riviana Foods to Barilla North America.
- Represented an independent sponsor in an acquisition of a concrete company based in Austin, Texas.
- Represented a private equity group based in San Francisco, California in the acquisition of a cinema dining company with operations in Texas and Arizona.
- Represented Houston based family office in connection with its divestiture of a private airplane charter company.
- Represented Houston based family office in connection with its divestiture of a Nissan automobile dealership.
- Represented privately held automobile dealership platform in connection with its acquisition of Toyota, Hyundai and Lexus dealerships in Illinois, Ohio, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Texas.
- Represented privately held renewable energy development company in its development and subsequent divestiture of its 250 MW wind energy project based in West Texas.
- Represented independent power generation company in connection with its development and financing of a 50MW natural gas fired power plant in Texas.
- Represented independent power generation company in connection with its acquisition and finance of two natural gas fired power plants totaling 200 MW in Texas.
- Represented independent sponsor in connection with the equity finance and acquisition of an electric drive natural gas compression services company based in Texas.
- Represented boutique luxury resort management company in connection with general corporate and compliance matters based in California.
- Represented large Houston based family office in connection with the acquisition of several boutique luxury resorts in Mexico, California, Colorado, New Mexico, New York, Texas, Connecticut, Maine and Rhode Island.
- Represented private equity fund in connection with the acquisition of a fully integrated chemical company offering completion, transportation and logistics services to the oilfield industry with operations in Texas and New Mexico.
- Represented a private equity backed midstream company in connection with its development and finance of a 25 bcf natural gas storage facility with operations in Wyoming.
- Represented a private equity backed natural gas storage company in connection with its debt and equity financing of two projects in Texas and Alabama.
- Represented midstream development company in connection with its development of a LNG terminal from Texas to the Pacific coast of Mexico.
- Represented an independent sponsor in connection with the equity financing and acquisition of a minority interest in a beef processing company based in Texas.
- Represented Enable Midstream in connection with several asset acquisitions of pipeline assets.
- Represented independent sponsor in connection with its acquisition of an industrial valve company with operations in Ohio.
- Represented an independent sponsor in connection with the acquisition of a galvanizing steel company based in Texas.
Energy Law Blog Posts
- "Six Key Considerations for Transitioning Existing Fossil Fuel Transport, Storage and Electricity Generation Assets to New Uses," May 9, 2023
- "Offshore Wind Comes to the Gulf of Mexico," November 8, 2022
- "Repurposing Fossil Fuel Assets for Renewable Energy: Legal Implications, Deal Structures, Managing Regulatory Issues," Strafford, October 18, 2023
- Webinar, 03.21.2023
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Houston Bar Association
J.D., University of Texas, 1999
B.S., United States Military Academy at West Point, 1992