Zachary “Zack” Alper is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's San Diego (Del Mar) office.
Areas of Practice
Zack advises and represents clients on intellectual property matters, including the litigation of patents, trademarks and copyrights, as well as transactional advice related to Standard Essential Patents (SEPs) and worldwide FRAND license obligations. He also helps manage clients’ patent portfolios both in the U.S. and abroad. Zack’s trial experience includes representation across various federal district courts in the U.S., including California, Delaware, Texas, and the Federal Circuit in industries ranging from cellular telecommunications to automotive component manufacturers.
While attending law school at George Washington University, Zack was a member of moot court board, an editor on the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) Journal, and served as an extern to the Honorable John A. Houston of the Southern District of California.
- Sheppard Mullin, Spring 2023
Intellectual Property Law Blog Posts
- "SNIPR Tech. Ltd. v. Rockefeller Univ., No. 22-1260 (Fed. Cir. July 14, 2023)," October 6, 2023
- "OneSubsea IP UK Ltd. v. FMC Tech., Inc., No. 22-1099 (Fed. Cir. May 23, 2023)," August 10, 2023
- "Salazar v. AT&T Mobility LLC No. 21-2320 (Fed. Cir. Apr. 5, 2023)," July 21, 2023
- "Senators Propose New Legislation to Clarify Patent Eligibility Under 35 U.S.C. § 101," June 23, 2023
- "2023 Federal Circuit Case Summaries," April 24, 2023
J.D., George Washington University Law School, 2021
B.A., Political Science, Philosophy, Economics, Denison University, 2015, magna cum laude