Zachary Turke is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group of the firm’s Los Angeles office. He is head of Sheppard’s Mergers & Acquisition team and its Government Business Industry team, which encompasses Sheppard’s aerospace & defense practice.
Areas of Practice
Zac’s practice focuses on mergers & acquisition transactions across a wide variety of industries. He works with private equity firms, public companies, family-owned business, strategics and entrepreneurs in industries such as consumer products, business services, software & technology, video games & esports, cannabis, healthcare, apparel & beauty, manufacturing, retail, food & beverage and aerospace & defense. Over his career with Sheppard Mullin, Zac has successfully closed over 200 M&A transactions, giving him deep industry expertise in a number of sectors.
He also helps clients with debt and equity financings, venture capital investments, corporate governance and joint ventures and strategic alliances.
Zac specializes in getting deals done. He is adept at making complex issues comprehensible and finding practical solutions to legal problems. He is an avid writer and speaker with respect to areas of corporate law. He holds a law degree from Harvard Law School and B.A. from Duke University. He has been recognized as a leader by Super Lawyers, the Legal 500 and the M&A Advisors.
- Advised Trojan Battery Company in a majority investment by Charles Bank Capital Partners
- Advised Modern Healthcare, Inc. in its reorganization and sale of stock and assets to Altamont Capital Partners
- Advised Herbalife, Ltd. (NYSE: HLF) in its reverse triangular merger with iChange Network, Inc.
- Advised Northrop Grumman Systems Corporation in the sale of sale of assets to MBDA, Inc.
- Advised Lenovo Advanced Technology, Inc. in the stock acquisition of Dingus Labs, Inc.
- Advised Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE) in the acquisition of the assets of Smarter Living, Inc. and Smarter Travel Media, LLC
- Advised Procerus Technologies, L.C. in its sale of stock to Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE: LMT)
- Advised The MPB Group, LLC in its sale of equity to Stericycle, Inc. (NASDAQ: SRCL)
- Advised Gold Tip, LLC in its sale of equity to Bushnell, Inc.
- Advised Northrop Grumman Guidance and Electronics Company, Inc. in the purchase of the Electro-Optical Division of L-3 Communications Corp. (NYSE: LLL)
- Advised Sterling Capital Management in its acquisition of the equity of the SusieCakes group
- Advised Detection Logic Fire Protection, Inc. in its stock acquisition by United Technologies Corporation (NYSE: UTX)
- Advised Reveille Studios in its stock acquisition by Shine Limited
- Advised Earl Scheib, Inc. in its merger with a subsidiary of Kelly Capital
- Advised the DM Label Group in its cross-border stock acquisition by Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY)
- Advised the Viamedia Group in its sale of stock and assets to Lake Capital Partners
- Advised NC Dynamics, Inc. in its stock sale to Corinthian Capital
- Advised Northrop Grumman Systems Corporation in its Series C investment in Daylight Solutions, Inc.
- Advised Raybern Foods in its stock acquisition by TSG Consumer Products
- Advised Mars Air Systems, LLC in the purchase of the assets of Mars Sales Company
- Advised Banijay Entertainment in the formation of its joint-venture vehicle The Angel City Factory, LLC
- Advised Alfred Publishing Co., Inc. in the creation of the Alfred Publishing Co., Inc. Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Advised Peltz Capital Management, LLC in the formation of affinity club joint-venture vehicles
- Advised Universal Services of America, Inc. in its refinancing of senior-level debt with Comerica Bank and establishment of mezzanine financing with Caltius Partners
- Advised eWork in its bridge financing and asset sale to ZeroChaos
- Advised Resitrader, Inc. in its sale of stock to Optimal Blue, a GTCR company
- Advised Caltius Partners in its acquisition of the equity of World Class Technology Corporation
- Advised LendingTree, Inc. (NASDAQ: TREE) in its acquisition of the equity of CompareCards.com
- Advised C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. in its sale of stock to Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope, Inc.
- Advised Cubic Corporation (NYSE: CUB) in its acquisition of the equity of DTech Labs, Inc.
- Advised LendingTree, Inc. (NASDAQ: TREE) in its acquisition of the assets of DepositAccounts.com
- Advised private investors in the formation of joint venture Dynamic Real Estate Partners, LLC
- Advised Equator, LLC in its sale of equity to Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A.
- Advised Fralock in its sale of equity to Arsenal Capital
- Advised Global Eagle, Inc. (NASDAQ: ENT) in its reverse triangular merger with Marks Systems, Inc.
- Advised Global Eagle, Inc. (NASDAQ: ENT) in its acquisition of the assets of NavAero
- Advised Hasa, Inc. in it sale of stock to Peak Rock Capital
- Advised High Chem Specialties Mexico, S.A. de C.V. in its sale of equity to GTM Holdings, S.A.
- Advised Project Spokane, Inc. in its acquisition by Hyperblock Inc.
- Advised Holdrite in its sale of stock to Reliance Worldwide Corporation
- Advised Kelcourt Plastics, Inc. in its sale of PPC Industries, Inc.
- Advised the CEO of Familia Dental in its acquisition by the Halifax Group
- Advised LendingTree, Inc. (NASDAQ: TREE) in its acquisition of the equity of MagnifyMoney.com
- Advised LendingTree, Inc. (NASDAQ: TREE) in its acquisition of the equity of StudentLoanHero.com
- Advised R.W. Lyall Company, Inc. in its sale of stock to Hubbell Inc. (NYSE: HUBB)
- Advised Miracle Sealants Company, LLC in its sale of equity to Rust-Oleum Corporation
- Advised Oracle Corporation (NYSE: ORCL) in its acquisition of certain assets of Verizon Communications, Inc.
- Advised Oracle Corporation (NYSE: ORCL) in its acquisition of certain assets of Arconic, Inc.
- Advised Norms Restaurants, Inc. in its sale of assets to CapitalSpring Finance Company
- Advised LendingTree, Inc. (NASDAQ: TREE) in its acquisition of the stock of Ovation Credit Services, Inc.
- Advised Bear Down Brands in its acquisition by Topspin Partners
- Advised Radial Engineering, Ltd. in the sale of its equity to SqueezeBox, LLC
- Advised SAS Safety Corporation in the acquisition of its assets by Bunzl plc
- Advised SribeAmerica in the sale of its equity to Chicago Growth Partners
- Advised LendingTree, Inc. (NASDAQ: TREE) in its acquisition of the assets of Simpletuition.com
- Advised LendingTree, Inc. (NASDAQ: TREE) in its acquisition of the assets of SnapCap.com
- Advised Solid Concepts, Inc. in the sale of its stock to Stratasys, Ltd.
- Advised Wpromote, Inc. in the sale of a minority interest to Shamrock Capital Partners
- Advised Sanders Industries in the acquisition of the equity of Ultracast, LLC
- Advised the Staubach Company in the roll-up of various of its subsidiaries
- Advised the CEO of Dollar Shave Club of the sale of that entity to Unilever
- Advised the CEO of Kate Sommerville Skincare to Unilever
- Advised the Beryl Companies in the sale of equity to Stericycle, Inc.
- Advised Alsius Medical Corporation in the sale of its assets to ZOLL Circulation, Inc.
- Advised California Wholesale Material Supply, Inc. (d/b/a CalPly) to L&W Supply Corporation
- Advised Chase Productions, Inc. in the sale of its assets to Deluxe Digital Media Management, Inc.
Emerging Leaders Award, The M&A Advisor, 2017
Media, Technology and Telecoms, Legal 500, 2016
Mergers and Acquisitions, Legal 500, 2015, 2016
Southern California Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2014-2016
- The Licensing Journal, Volume 41 number 6, June/July 2021
- Food Manufacturing, 06.01.2021
- The Deal, 05.05.2021
- International Game Developers Association., 03.17.2021
- Law360, 10.22.2020
- Daily Journal, 08.31.2020
- Chicken and the Egg — Should you hire an M&A Attorney or an investment banker first to sell your business?Daily Journal, 04.16.2020
- Daily Journal, 09.2015
- Mergers & Acquisitions Insurance: The growing use of rep and warranty protection in M&A transactionsC-Suite Quarterly Magazine, Fall 2014
- So Your Employer Is Being Acquired? Consideration for the management team in a sale to a private equity buyerC-Suite Quarterly Magazine, Summer 2014
- C-Suite Quarterly Magazine, Spring 2014
- C-Suite Quarterly Magazine, Winter 2014
Corporate Law Blog Posts
- "M&A Pre-Flight Check: Avoiding Common Issues in Aerospace & Defense Acquisitions," February 17, 2021
"Top 10 Diligence Issues in Lead Generation Mergers and Acquisitions," February 11, 2021
Video Game Law Blog Posts
- "Bargaining with Apple: Understanding the iOS Developer Program License Agreement," February 23, 2015
- "Bargaining with Apple: Understanding the iOS Developer Program License Agreement," February 19, 2015
- "Bargaining with the Little Green Robot: Understanding the Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement," March 28, 2014
- WWD, 04.20.2021
- Law360, 04.02.2014
- "Law School for the CFO - Getting Back to Work," Los Angeles CFO Leadership Council Webinar, May 27, 2020
- "M&A Enterprise Value Creation," The Los Angeles CFO Leadership, October 22, 2019
- "Winning Strategy for Successful Deals," 3rd Annual Restaurant Industry Insiders Conference, February 1, 2019
- "Winning Strategy for Successful Deals," 2nd Annual Restaurant Industry Insiders Conference, March 8, 2018
- Webinar, 09.09.2020
- Presented by the CFO Leadership Counsel, 05.27.2020
J.D., Harvard University, 2006
B.A., Duke University, 1999, magna cum laude