- J.D., University of San Diego, 2007, cum laude, Comments Editor, San Diego Law Review; Senior Executive Editor, Journal of Contemporary Legal Issues
- B.A., University of California, Santa Cruz, 2000
- American University in Cairo, Egypt (Study Abroad Student) 1999-2000
- United States District Courts, Eastern, Central, and Southern Districts of California
Brian S. Fong is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Fong focuses his practice on the defense of employers against all aspects of employment-related claims, including harassment, discrimination, and wage and hour disputes. Mr. Fong also advises employers of all sizes and business in proactive preventative measures to improve employee relations and minimize exposure to litigation risks.
Mr. Fong regularly presents on employment-related topics including sexual harassment prevention, conducting workplace investigations, effectively dealing with leaves of absence, and social media in the workplace. Mr. Fong previously founded and co-chaired a national series of webinars providing practical training to human resources specialists, generalists, payroll managers, upper level managers, in-house counsel, insurance carriers, and executives on important legal trends to help them make well-informed employment decisions on a day-to-day basis.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Mr. Fong was an associate with a large national firm in San Diego, where his practice focused on employment litigation and counseling, business litigation and professional liability matters.
Prior to the practice of law, Mr. Fong oversaw network and information systems technology for an architectural planning firm, and provided business continuity and security planning for all systems and company data.
- Rising Stars® distinction in the field of Employment & Labor, General Litigation, and Professional Liability: Defense (2015-2017)
- Hot List, Lawyers of Color (2014)