- J.D., Stanford University, 1982
- M.S.M.E., Purdue University, 1979
- B.S.M.E., Purdue University, 1977, with distinction
- New York
Bill Wyatt is a partner in the Finance and Bankruptcy and Corporate Practice Groups in the firm's Palo Alto and San Francisco offices. He is also a member of the Asset-Based Lending Team.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Wyatt started as an associate at Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton in 1982 and became a partner in January 1990. He specializes in commercial law, real and personal property secured loan transactions, workouts and bankruptcy.
Mr. Wyatt has significant experience handling a broad range of financing transactions, including secured and unsecured credit facilities, bond and note financings, public finance transactions, letters of credit and other credit enhancements, derivative products, real property secured transactions, asset-based accounts, inventory and equipment financing transactions, equipment leasing transactions (including aircraft and rail) and project finance transactions. He has been involved in negotiating and documenting lines of credit secured by accounts, inventory, equipment and real estate, construction loans, and credit enhancements for tax-exempt bond and certificate of participation transactions. He also has experience with aircraft leasing and lending, ship financing, rail car and other types of equipment financing transactions, and has negotiated and documented both leveraged and non-leveraged leases of aircraft and rail equipment and manufacturing and medical facilities. Mr. Wyatt also regularly advises clients on swap and other derivatives transactions and related issues.
While his practice is focused primarily on transaction planning and documentation, he has substantial experience with loan workouts and the bankruptcy aspects of financial transactions. He has represented both institutional lenders, lessors and borrowers.
Represented domestic commercial bank in loan to aircraft lessor.
Representation of indenture trustee of certificate of participation issuance in Chapter 9 bankruptcy of the Richmond Unified School District
Representation of Wells Fargo Bank, Comerica Bank and Union Bank of California as issuers of direct-pay letters of credit to support variable rate bonds issued by the California Pollution Control Financing Authority
Representation of commercial finance company as purchaser of both taxable and tax-exempt bonds issued by the California State Community Development Authority and various city and county redevelopment authorities to finance various schools and healthcare facilities
Representation of Union Bank of California, as agent and lender in connection with a secured revolving mortgage warehouse facility to a leading housing tax credit syndicator
Representation of agent bank in connection with workout and restructure of a syndicated financing to a captive finance company making real estate secured development loans to national mini-storage developer
- Best Lawyer in America, Banking and Finance, Best Lawyers, 2018
- Sheppard Mullin Represents Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Inc.San Diego Business Journal, May 26, 2014
- Sheppard Mullin Advises Kratos In $625 Million Note OfferingDaily Journal, May 13, 2014
- Sheppard Mullin Advises RadNet In Tender OfferDaily Journal, March 11, 2014
- Why The Boilerplate Is ImportantSheppard Mullin New York, March 17, 2016
- Detroit and the Future of Municipal Bankruptcy: What We've LearnedApril 30, 2015
- Leverage Buyouts & Fraudulent Conveyances RisksJuly 23, 2014
- Intercreditor Agreements – What and How to Negotiate Them to Get What You NeedMay 22, 2014
- Municipal Bankruptcies - What To Learn From Detroit?Sheppard Mullin New York, March 11, 2014
- Enforcement of Judgments - Between Contract Enforcement and BankruptcySheppard Mullin New York, October 31, 2013
- Real Estate Bankruptcy Issues: Cash Collateral, the Automatic Stay, Assignments of Rent, Lease Assumption and Rejection and Plan IssuesSheppard Mullin New York, April 12, 2013
- Real Estate Bankruptcy Issues: Cash Collateral, the Automatic Stay, Assignments of Rent, Lease Assumption and Rejection and Plan IssuesSheppard Mullin Washington, D.C., April 8, 2013
- The Future Of Metavante And Its Impact On New Financings Supported by HedgesSheppard Mullin New York, January 16, 2013
- Member, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Member, Corporation, Banking and Business Law and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Sections, American Bar Association
- Member, Financial Lawyer's Conference, Bankruptcy Study Group