Elizabeth Berman Barcohana is an associate in the Business Trial and Entertainment, Technology and Advertising Practice Groups in the firm's Century City office. Elizabeth is also a member of the firm's Song-Beverly Class Action and Fashion, Apparel & Beauty Teams.
Areas of Practice
Elizabeth represents clients in consumer class action litigations alleging various business torts, breach of contract, unfair competition, false advertising, violations of the Consumer Legal Remedies Act, violations of the Song-Beverly Credit Card Act, and violations of the Invasion of Privacy Act.
Elizabeth also works on matters involving the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights. Her experience includes the utilization of creative approaches to these matters, which often result in pre-litigation resolution.
She also advises clients with regard to a broad range of very specialized areas of the law, including for example compliance under the federal Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act and California's confidentiality regulations concerning adoption records.
- Getting The Lead Out: The Tight Timelines of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act Have Created Chaos and Uncertainty in the Marketplace, Los Angeles Lawyer, July/August 2009
Advertising & Promotions Law Blog Posts
- "Rash California Minors Get An Online 'Eraser Button,'" November 6, 2013
- "Products or Services That Cannot Be Sold To California Minors Cannot Be Advertised To Them Online, Either," November 6, 2013
- "He 'Likes' Me, He 'Likes' Me Not - Facebook's Sponsored Stories Lawsuit and the Proposed Class Settlement," July 30, 2012
Class Action Defense Law Blog Posts
- "Making Meyer Lemonade Out Of Meyer Lemons: Ninth Circuit Affirms Provisional Class Certification and Injunction in TCPA Case," December 4, 2012
Fashion & Apparel Law Blog Posts
- "Consumer Products Safety Commission Defers CPSIA Testing Requirements One Year", February 10, 2009
- "New Children's Product Safety Lead Testing Requirements Already Having Effect", January 16, 2009
- "ZIP Codes Are Not Personal Identification Information Says Court of Appeal", December 29, 2008
- "Reasonable Minds Differ On Whether A Zip Code Is "Personal Identification Information" Under The Song-Beverly Act", November 10, 2008
- "A Change of Custom For Customs: The Proposed Change to the First Sale Rule", April 16, 2008
- "Gift Cards: The Good, The Bad and The Fraudulent", February 25, 2008
- "What's in a Name?: PerfumeBay v. eBay Trademark Litigation", January 24, 2008
- "Crimes of Fashion", January 8, 2008
Intellectual Property Law Blog Posts
Ms. Barcohana is active in several local and national non-profit organizations in Los Angeles, and serves on the board of directors of The Society of Young Philanthropists and Friends of the Israel Defense Forces – Young Leadership Division.
J.D., University of Southern California, 2007, Summer Fellow, 2005
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 2004, cum laude, college honors