Elyssa Sternberg is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Elyssa specializes in labor and employment matters on behalf of employers from a variety of industries. She represents employers in single plaintiff, PAGA and class action litigation involving federal and state labor and employment laws, including matters relating to discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wage and hour violations.
- Defending Retaliation Claims After Calif. Whistleblower RulingLaw360, 02.10.2022
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
- "California Supreme Court Holds That McDonnell Douglas Standard Should Not Be Used When Evaluating Whistleblower Retaliation Claims," January 27, 2022
- "California Employers Should Be Aware of Updates to Leave Requirements," February 4, 2021
- "States May Have Additional Layoff Notice Requirements Under 'Mini-WARN' Statutes," March 30, 2020
- "Employers Must Consider the ADA and Other Disability Laws When Confronted With a Pandemic," March 13, 2020
- "What Employers Need To Know To Prepare For Coronavirus," March 2, 2020
- "First Day on the Job and on Notice: When the Statute of Limitations Begins for Employer Background Checks," November 21, 2019
J.D., University of Southern California, 2019
B.S., Boston University, 2015, magna cum laude