U.S. Mexico Fashion Industry: Dressing Up with Innovation & Evolution in North America
- Current state of the market, investment, transactions and deals in recent years.
- Investor appetite for new designer ventures and fashion projects.
- Lessons for Mexican/Latin American designers aspiring to enter/consolidate their presence in the U.S. market.
- Impact of technology on investment: Tech apps, innovation, e-commerce and start-ups to serve the fashion industry.
- Outlook for the fashion industry for locals and cross-border innovation in the fashion industry.
- Mexico and the USMCA: Is it possible to strengthen and competitively attract fashion manufacturing to North America?
- Emerging challenges on global production to serve the U.S. market: trade wars, entangled rules of origin, IP protection, labor and sustainability compliance, localization and redirection of global supply chains.
- California’s raising bar in terms of regulation, sustainability, consumer protection, and implications for other U.S. markets.
- Privacy Issues related to the industry.
- Understanding trends and incipient complexities of the U.S. market for local and foreign fashion industry companies: millennial generation, e-commerce, global competition, etc.
- Roberto Chapa, Partner Global Trade, EY
- Maria de los Angeles, Artist
- Luis Gonzalez, Founding Partner, Solcargo
- Julio Marquez, Co-founder & Managing Partner, New York Bay Capital
- Theodore Max, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Laura Nava, Special Counsel, Sheppard Mullin
- Liliana Parodi-Huml, Global Strategy & Business Development Executive, Panjiva and S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Alexis Robinson, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Mario Rodriguez Graniel, Senior Director - Client Relationship Management, Prada Group
- Adam Shipley, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Nini Zhang, Director - Investment Banking, Credit Suisse
- Rosa Ertze, Partner/President, Duane Morris/ US-Mexico Chamber of Commerce, Northeast Chapter
- Alejandro Ramos, Senior VP for US Chapter Operations & Executive Director (NE), The United States - Mexico Chamber of Commerce
Thursday, February 27, 2020
Registration | 4:45 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Panel Discussion | 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Networking Cocktail Reception | 7:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112