Cannabis Webinar Wednesday: Taxation of Cannabis: Navigating Challenges in Cannabis Accounting
There are unique tax-related challenges that cannabis businesses face, largely because of the tension between some state laws, where cannabis is legal in some form, and federal law, under which cannabis remains a Schedule I illegal drug. This webinar will review those challenges and offer tips on how those in the cannabis industry can overcome them. Topics include:
- How tax rules apply to the cannabis industry and review key planning techniques
- Impact of recent tax court cases on cannabis businesses
- Key issues raised in IRS audits and methods to avoid them
- Effect of Section 280E, 471-11 and deduction of the cost of goods sold
- Ownership structure of cannabis businesses and tax exposure
Wednesday, November 18, 2020
10:00 p.m. - 11:00 a.m. PT
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. CT
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET
Complimentary Program via Webinar
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
*Webinar details will be emailed to you after you register*
- Frank Dworak, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Naomi Granger, Founder, Green Leaf CFO
- LeAnna Miller, Founder, Blunt CFO & Millennial Tax Advisors
- Danielle Moore, Associate, Sheppard Mullin
- Sarah Blitz, Associate, Sheppard Mullin
This activity has been approved for Minimum 1 Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP certifies that this activity conforms to the standards for approved education activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing minimum continuing legal education.
This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1 credit hour which may be applied toward the Areas of Professional Practice requirement, and is suitable for both transitional and non-transitional attorneys.
MCLE attendance certificates will be distributed following the webinar upon completion of an evaluation.
*You must attend the full webinar to receive credit
Click here for more information on Sheppard Mullin's Cannabis Team.
For up-to-date information and recent developments, visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Insights page.
Questions? Contact Belinda Ashong via email.