- LL.M., New York University School of Law, 2007, Graduate Editor, Tax Law Review
- J.D., Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, 2004, Order of the Coif; cum laude; Recipient, Lowden-Wigmore Prize, William Jennings Bryan Award, and International Academy of Trial Lawyers Award
- B.S., Northwestern University, 2000
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States Tax Court
Frank W. Dworak is a partner in the Tax Practice group in the firm's Orange County office.
Areas of Practice
Frank counsels clients on tax matters relating to a wide range of business transactions, including domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, tax aspects of partnerships and joint ventures, implementation of profits interest plans, international tax planning (both inbound and outbound), California property taxation (Proposition 13), real estate investment trusts, and hedge and private equity fund matters. Frank’s experience also includes complex tax controversy matters before the Internal Revenue Service, the Franchise Tax Board and the Tax Court as well as obtaining pre-filing agreements and private letter rulings from the IRS.
Frank served over three years as a Senior Attorney with the Large Business & International Division of the IRS Office of Chief Counsel and previously was a partner in the tax group of another international law firm.
- Regulatory Monitor: Private Funds UpdateThe Investment Lawyer, March 2018
- Tax Reform and Investment Management: Certain International ProvisionsLaw360, January 8, 2018
- Regulatory Monitor: Private Funds UpdateAIMA Journal, March 2016
- Daily Journal, June 4, 2019
- Frank Dworak Adds Depth and Breadth to Firm’s Tax PracticeJuly 16, 2018
- "Flow-Through Taxation of Business Entities," John Marshall Law School, October 17, 2012
- "Transferee Liability in Intermediary Transaction Cases," John Marshall Law School, Sept. 28, 2011
- A Brave New World: Choice of Entity in the Wake of 199AVia GlobalMeet, March 21, 2019
- American Bar Association (Tax Section member)